cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling/renewing contract - impossible to speak to someone

tambee1

Cancelling/renewing contract - impossible to speak to someone

My next bill will be full price so I'm trying to renew or cancel, but I want to speak to someone about my options. The chat is offline every time I check and when I ring the phone number I get a message that my call can't be answered. Quite stressful.

Can someone who works for Plusnet message me and advise me what I need to do?

Many thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Cancelling/renewing contract - impossible to speak to someone

@tambee1  Welcome to the forum.

Have you received a renewal offer by email?

Unless you are not bothered if you end up with no phone or broadband I would be very wary about cancelling or transferring to another ISP at the current time.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

tambee1

Well this is what I'm thinking as well. I've been offered a great deal by Virgin for fiber to the home which I can't get with plusnet, but I reckon I'll be waiting ages for it to be connected due to the virus. So I'm considering staying with Plusnet, but the best renewal they're offering me is more expensive and less mbps. I just want to see if they can offer me something a little better that will make it worth staying with them... but I feel stuck.

I don't think I've had a renewal email, just the notification on my account.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@tambee1 

Don't get het up if you're offered a slower speed for the same service, it's just that the BT estimate has changed. By extending your contract there will be bo changes to the service that you are receiving, it's just the bill that will change.

You could of course carry on paying full wack to Plusnet on a momthly contract and order Virgin FTTP. You would then be free to leave Plusnet on a months notice when the FTTP becomes live. The Virgin service will be totally separate from your BT sourced provision.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'