cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling previous broadband provider

adrianwb

Cancelling previous broadband provider

Hi,

I've just switched to PlusNet from Virgin, but only realised when the installation was happening that Virgin hadn't been contacted to inform them of the switch, so it's costing me an extra month as the 30 day notice only starts now! I've done the cancellation now, but I'd assumed that PlusNet would have done that?

Maybe I missed something, but I don't recall seeing anywhere that I had to manually cancel my old contract?

Adrian

2 REPLIES 2
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 84

Re: Cancelling previous broadband provider

Hello,

Not sure if it appears during the switch process but the requirement for you to cancel Virgin Media is detailed here in Step 3

https://www.plus.net/broadband/switch/ 

adrianwb

Re: Cancelling previous broadband provider

Thanks Dan - now that I know it's there, I can see it - I must have either missed it or forgot about it first time around 😞 I also found it tucked away on p6 of the pre-contract document in a link in one of the emails, which says that Virgin Media are the exception to the normal rule and that you have to contact them yourself. It's not quite in a basement room marked "Beware of the leopard", but I'd suggest that this information (maybe the entire 4 steps) should be mentioned again explicitly in one of the "welcome" emails, so that you have a second chance to misread or forget about it! Anyway, you live and learn as they say...

All the best,

Adrian