cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling out of contract yet be8ng charged termination fee?

nos911
Dabbler

Cancelling out of contract yet be8ng charged termination fee?

So i made a post a few days ago about cancelling a recontract within the cooling off period, i called as advised and the agent i spoke to cancelled the recontract and informed me that a note would be put in my account stating no early termination fees would be payable if i cancel or change supplier.
So today i placed an order with BT and have just received an email from plusnet telling me i have to pay £234.88 for early termination, my contract states in my account an end date of March 23 2022, this combined with what the agent told me when i called has left me furious, i am no longer in contract yet they are insisting i pay a huge fee to leave, how can that be right?
2 REPLIES 2
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

Re: Cancelling out of contract yet be8ng charged termination fee?

have just received an email from plusnet telling me i have to pay £234.88 for early termination,

@nos911 that email is generated by an automated system

and the agent i spoke to cancelled the recontract and informed me that a note would be put in my account 

I dont think the automated system can read notes on the account!🙄

I suggest you either call in and confirm the termination fees arent being applied or wait for one of the Help team to pick this up and check.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

nos911
Dabbler

Re: Cancelling out of contract yet be8ng charged termination fee?

If its automated then the system is massively flawed and giving out false/misleading information.
I have since my post spoken to customer service who at first insisted i was still in a minimum term until June 2022, then insisted i had renewed on March 23rd(which was true) and that i hadn't called to cancel the renewal(notes in my account say i did on the 27th), after asking to speak to a manager the agent miraculously found more notes from my call and i confirmed no termination fees are payable, but they wouldn't email me confirmation.