cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling my account

Hurnsj

Cancelling my account

I want to cancel my broadband as I have gone with another provider to full fibre. I am in a remote location and have no phone signal and just want to cancel online. The chat doesn't help as I can't speak to an actual person on there, just the automated responses. Is there an email I can use?
Cheers folks 👍
5 REPLIES 5
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Cancelling my account

@Hurnsj  If you can't phone you will have to write a letter to Plusnet, the address is on the website somewhere, I had a quick look and found this ...

By post to: Plusnet plc, The Balance, 2 Pinfold St. Sheffield, S1 2GU. It is recommended that for your own peace of mind, any letter containing a cancellation request for cease of service is sent by recorded delivery. We cannot accept responsibility for lost letters not sent in this way. The letter must state the name of the account holder, the account username, the full address of where we are providing the service as well as the telephone number which we are providing the service on.

There is no way to cancel your service online and no email address for any support problems.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@Hurnsj 

Am I assuming correctly that you do not have a landline telephone? I ask because if you have one and wish to keep it by cancelling you run the risk of losing the number.

If however you transfer your existing landline number to your new FTTP supplier or a VoIP provider this will automatically cancel your Plusnet service.

Personally in these circumstances I would probably start the new FTTP service alongside the Plusnet one and once it's up and running transfer the phone number. This way you should not suffer any break in either broadband or phone service.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Baldrick1

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to My Account/Billing

Moderator and Customer

Baldrick1

@Hurnsj 

Thinking further. If you are transferring both your broadband service and phone to the new FTTP provider then there is no need to cancel. This will happen automatically when your phone transfers and if you cancel when there is a takeover in progress you will simply cause delays and confusion.

Moderator and Customer

Hurnsj

Thank you for your message. As it is full fibre the new provider is not taking over the phone line. They have fitted it outside on the wall. I shall take the letter route 👍