cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling contract

Cancelling contract

Signed up to a pay in advance 18 month contract (12 months line rental included).

It became clear pretty quickly that it wasn't working so called up and after a long wait managed to speak to someone who confirmed there was a problem and that an engineer would call me. No engineer ever called me. I called them up again- they apologised, told me an engineer would call. No engineer called.

So I tried the online wizard thing (back in the days when that worked). They replied telling me to phone them up. So I tried several times to talk to them again and after being on hold for an hour or so I just gave up.

I've had an average speed of 0.76 mbps for the year. Well below their promise. I haven't been able to do anything with it. So I haven't used the internet and instead have been trying to WFH using just 4G.

Because I'd paid upfront I tried to be namaste about it and just write off the money and move on. But now my 12 months line rental is up and I'm being charged £18.99 a month for nothing.

I just want to be free of the contract and have these monthly £18.99's refunded. 

I'm on hold to customer services now whilst I type this. Have been for 45 mins so far.

Please help!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Cancelling contract

Still got nowhere with this. No one picking up the phone.

I have a record of all my calls, screenshots of all the chats and the message on here. Any advice on taking the case to a higher power?

Running out of ideas. Impossible to contact.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 30

Re: Cancelling contract

Hi @ Matt12.

Thanks for getting in touch and apologies for any issues with getting through to us, I appreciate the wait has been frustrating. Please accept my apologies for this.

I can see you did raise a fault ticket however you closed this online. Can you please follow this troubleshooting and connect the router to the test socket as thus using a new ADSL microfilter, Please then raise the fault again if the issues persist, the diagnostic tests currently suggest the router may be switched off or need plugging in.

Thanks - LF

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
  Tahir M
 Plusnet Help Team