cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling contract

Matt12

Cancelling contract

Signed up to a pay in advance 18 month contract (12 months line rental included).

It became clear pretty quickly that it wasn't working so called up and after a long wait managed to speak to someone who confirmed there was a problem and that an engineer would call me. No engineer ever called me. I called them up again- they apologised, told me an engineer would call. No engineer called.

So I tried the online wizard thing (back in the days when that worked). They replied telling me to phone them up. So I tried several times to talk to them again and after being on hold for an hour or so I just gave up.

I've had an average speed of 0.76 mbps for the year. Well below their promise. I haven't been able to do anything with it. So I haven't used the internet and instead have been trying to WFH using just 4G.

Because I'd paid upfront I tried to be namaste about it and just write off the money and move on. But now my 12 months line rental is up and I'm being charged £18.99 a month for nothing.

I just want to be free of the contract and have these monthly £18.99's refunded. 

I'm on hold to customer services now whilst I type this. Have been for 45 mins so far.

Please help!

3 REPLIES 3
Matt12

Re: Cancelling contract

Still got nowhere with this. No one picking up the phone.

I have a record of all my calls, screenshots of all the chats and the message on here. Any advice on taking the case to a higher power?

Running out of ideas. Impossible to contact.

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @ Matt12.

Thanks for getting in touch and apologies for any issues with getting through to us, I appreciate the wait has been frustrating. Please accept my apologies for this.

I can see you did raise a fault ticket however you closed this online. Can you please follow this troubleshooting and connect the router to the test socket as thus using a new ADSL microfilter, Please then raise the fault again if the issues persist, the diagnostic tests currently suggest the router may be switched off or need plugging in.

Thanks - LF

Matt12

Hi,

Thank you for replying. Yes, the router is unplugged because we gave up on it a few months back.

I've ran all those tests before when I had the initial call early last year and they said an engineer would be in contact but no one ever got in touch.

I'll plug the router back in now if you wish to run diagnostics again?

Thanks