cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling contract

Justabloke

Cancelling contract

I've been with plusnet less than a month and I've had nothing but problems with my broadband service since they took it over.
First, it was the sub dialup speed... that took a week to resolve except they resolved it by more or less doubling the latency / ping I get to every server I contact
Now its streaming services, I can't watch more than a minute of iplayer, at the lowest setting, previously I had no problems and happily streamed full HD
I'm having a similar problem with Netflix, again a servfice that was rock solid before plusnet took over the service.
Frankly, I'm fed up with how long it takes to contact tech support, how long it takes for them respond and the mass shoulder shrug I'mk getting from them
Is there anyway, I can back out of this mess? I have managed to avoid them taking my landline over as well but I'd really like to kick their broadband service into touch.
I don't recall the last decision I regretted as much as this one.
6 REPLIES 6
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Cancelling contract

See clause 5 in the terms and conditions
Which ISP were you with previously?  Does the speed you got with your previous provider tally with the estimate PN gave you at signup?
Justabloke

I was with Orange previously.
Since plusnet took on my service, I've had nothing but problems in one way or another
Here's the situation...
Before they took my service on, my speed was rock solid and reliable... since they took it on, it hasn't been.
Before they took it on I could watch Netflix without an issue.... since they took it on I can't
Before they took it on I could watch iPlayer without an issue and at Full HD... since they took it on I can't.
Now it could all just be one big coincidence but that seems entirely unlikely to me.
I'm fed up with having to chase support, I'm fed up with having to spend 90 minutes of my evening trying to talk to a CS agent (4 or 5 calls in a fortnight , each never less than 45 minutes just to get through; they take 3 days to repsond to a contact message FGS!) Its simply unacceptable, I'm also fed up with them trying to blame my equipment / network / atmospheric conditions / phases of the moon / time of day or month
Simply saying to me "Hey! look we've sorted your speed problem! bye!" is not acceptable.. I'm not convinced they have sorted my speed problem and irrespective of what their speedtest may say, Netflix and iPlayer would beg to differ.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Are you using a wired or wireless connection to the router? If wireless have you checked if the problems are the same wired?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Justabloke,
I've passed on this information to our Faults team and asked that this is investigated further for you today.
I can also see that you wish to delay your phone transfer - is there a particular date you'd like to delay this to? Please bear in mind that if a fault is identified as the cause of the issues you're experiencing and it's a fault with your phone line we'll be in a better position to get this fixed if the phone line has transferred over to us.
Justabloke

Hi, Linn K
I've been contacted to arrange a date / time for an engineer visit now.
Yes, I have delayed the transfre of my landline because I am cautous by nature.  When I see a change that has a detrimental effect upon something, I don't make further changes until I'm certain of teh cause of the initial problem.
As an aside, I'm quite disappointed that for the second time I needed to have the online equivelant of a stampy fit in order to get any kind of movement on this issue.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

When would you like the phone transfer to be delayed until? At the moment it's scheduled to complete on the 13th.
I've requested the 16/06/2014 PM slot for the fault engineer to attend based on your availability - please await confirmation that this appointment is booked.