cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling an account for an elderly relative who has moved out of his home.

FIXED
runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Cancelling an account for an elderly relative who has moved out of his home.

Hi

As The topic title says,
Can anyone advise on how to Cancel an account of an elderly relative who is now moved out of his home into a care home? Unfortunately this relative is no longer able to make phone calls or write letters him self. But he understands what’s going on and can sign forms.
I can’t seem to find any advice anywhere on the plus net site on how to do this. Eventually his home will either be rented out or sold so continuing with phone and Internet service that no one is using Is pointless.
Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Cancelling an account for an elderly relative who has moved out of his home.

Hi @runhare

Could you drop me a PM with account details I could use to locate the account (Address, phone number, username etc) and I'll be happy to help out.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Cancelling an account for an elderly relative who has moved out of his home.

Fix

yes -  I will PM you

Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks @runhare

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet