Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling after activation?

CuBz
Grafter

Cancelling after activation?

Hi,
I was wondering, is there a certain amount of days I have to cancel after activation?
I don't really want to cancel, because the customer service is great and the speed is great but 60GB usage is just not enough for me as I use the internet, download and upload ALOT, as well as the fact I work online. So I need more than 60GB a month, and after contacting PN, there is no option to up to at least 100GB. I know that 00:00 to 08:00 is free, but I use internet mostly throughout the day, and within the first few hours of activation I had already used over 2GB.
After checking online, the only option to get 100GB usage is to pay an extra £5 per 5GB which would cost me an extra £40, but that is way too high for me
So I just want to know if I can (sadly) cancel, as virgin have made me a great offer (because I have just moved house and was with them before I moved), which is the same price, with unlimited usage.
Thanks
Andy
4 REPLIES 4
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Cancelling after activation?

dont you ever read any thing?
Virgin might be unlmited, but they have a fair usage clause and worse clamping than PN
CuBz
Grafter

I know, but when I was previously with them, I could browse, download and upload as much as I wanted, without having to worry, and even after going past 60GB a month, they never did anything about it, sometimes the speed would go about 1mb lower, but that wasn't a problem. PN is great, but i'm just worried that I will reach my 60GB and have no connection to work
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

You will still have to pay for the activation and for the router if you took the 'free' router. As you will be having the ADSL terminated the £25 cessation charge will also apply. The charges should all be shown on https://portal.plus.net/my.html?s=0&action=account_summary
The notice period is 10 days so you don't have to pay for anything beyond that in respect of the monthly charge.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
CuBz
Grafter

Ok Thanks
That's fine, I wasn't expecting it to be a free cancellation Smiley