cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling account

Lilylass

Cancelling account

Hi, I'm trying to cancel my account but can't a) find an email address to contact Plusnet (which is ludicrious for an ISP in this day & age!) and b) can't seem to raise a ticket via member centre anymore?

I'm just going round and round in circles - and keep getting back to a phone number Sad

I don't get free phone calls so phoning isn't a great option - however, I tried it in desperation & the call wait was over 15 mins - which I can't do as it would cost me a fortune Sad

Can anyone tell me how to / give me a link to raise a ticket please?

13 REPLIES 13
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Cancelling account

call using this number Customer Options 0800 013 2632 as it is free

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Phoning 0800 numbers is free, even on a mobile, so not sure why you think it will cost a fortune.

0800 432 0200 (from within the UK)

Ooops, Oldjim beat me to it!

Lilylass

Thanks but I don't have a phone / landline at present so it's not really that easy! (and one of the reasons I'm wanting to cancel the service as I can't use it)

15+ mins call wait is riduclous - and not something most of us can do even if it's free

Can you not raise a ticket at all now?

Mav
Fixes: 514

Don't think you could ever raise a ticket for cancellations.

Try calling 0800 013 2632 using option 1 then option 2 (Thinking of leaving).

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you want to cancel. I'm afraid cancellation requests aren't something we deal with via email or ticket, you can find details of the cancellation policy here: http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/cancellation.shtml

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
foxleybob
Grafter

If one is going to another provider, doesn't the cancellation get done by them ( other ISP) ?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@foxleybob The migration process would be gaining provider lead, so the new ISP would place orders to take over and we'd get notification of this.

However I can't see anything on this thread to indicate that the OP is wanting to migrate.

Lilylass wrote:
I'm trying to cancel my account

Unless there has been some confusion and they just want to migrate to a new provider as opposed to just cancelling the account.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
foxleybob
Grafter

OK, Understand Harry.Smiley

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Why has no-one mentioned the other option - by post?

A cancellation request for cease of service can be made in one of two ways:

• By calling us: The quickest and easiest way to request a cancellation for cease of service is by calling our Customer Options Team.

• By post to: Plusnet plc, The Balance, 2 Pinfold St. Sheffield, S1 2GU. It is recommended that for your own peace of mind, any letter containing a cancellation request for cease of service is sent by recorded delivery. We cannot accept responsibility for lost letters not sent in this way. The letter must state the name of the account holder, the account username, the full address of where we are providing the service as well as the telephone number which we are providing the service on.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I believe that's in the cancellation policy that Chris provided

Chris wrote:

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you want to cancel. I'm afraid cancellation requests aren't something we deal with via email or ticket, you can find details of the cancellation policy here: http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/cancellation.shtml

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
jblynam

Hi Chris,

I have tried to reach a human being from Plus net for 2 days to avail of the 14 day cooling off period.  It's impossible to get through.  I cant wait 20 mins on the line each time for no one to answer.

The live chat is also NON existent.  No one responds.  

I have had to write a snail-mail letter and post it to Sheffield to cancel my account.

This kind of 'service' is why i need to cancel. 

There should be an email address people can write to manned by a living person.  How difficult can that be?

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

I am sorry to hear about the issues that you had trying to  contact our customer options team to cancel your service.

I can see that we successfully received your letter and we have processed your cancellation.

maiaoliviahall
Hooked

Good luck is all I can say to you.....