cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled service re-activated in error

ClassicLaddie
Dabbler

Cancelled service re-activated in error

Hi Plusnet team, I recently cancelled my phone & broadband service and the transition to a new ISP was completely super smooth. I received a cancellation email, and cancellation charges were paid in full. Everything good until a few days after I received another email welcoming me back to a Plusnet broadband only service and stating a payment is now scheduled to be taken in the next few days?

I contacted PNET via chat and a very nice chap said it would all be sorted asap. The question to accounts was then updated with a random message 'pending DD moved to correct account pool' What does this mean? I would have preferred the update to say 'account is definitely cancelled and no further payment will be taken' I really don't want to be billed further.  Next payment is due in two business days time.Is it ok to delete the direct debit now and let plusnet accounts sort out the error at their leisure?

7 REPLIES 7
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Cancelled service re-activated in error

Hello,

It looks like the direct debit is currently pending. It's taking the outstanding call charges.

Once it completes within the next few days we'll close your account.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
ClassicLaddie
Dabbler

Hi,

the call charges were billed and paid on a bill reference dated 7/12/16. I see a second payment request raised on 12/12/16 for the same call charge amount and both have been taken from my bank account. Can you check this please before closing the account? I've not had any update from billing since I highlighted this Sad

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Thank you for getting back to me

I'll look into this tomorrow once I'm back in the office.

And I've looked into it. I've updated your ticket with a request to refund those call charges once the direct debit clears. We'll then close your account.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
ClassicLaddie
Dabbler

Hi,

nothing has happened since your last post and the question has not been updated at all this week despite me asking further for an update. It's now over two weeks since I left Plusnet and currently my account is still open, I have been charged twice for call charges and no sign of a refund. This is more than grim having to check up on the status of an account that should really have been concluded/closed by now. Could some one please resolve the account issue? I don't want to be going into the holidays or worse 2017 before this is sorted Sad

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Apologies that this is still ongoing. Sad Leave this with me and I'll see what I can do tomorrow morning.

-Edit-

@ClassicLaddie - Really sorry about this, however, your invoice date is today which means that your direct debit is pending again. Once this clears within another 5-7 days I will provide a refund and close your account ASAP.

Apologies for the continued delay Sad

ClassicLaddie
Dabbler

Hi, I've returned from the holidays and can see the over charge for calls was refunded to my account. Thank you. However the direct debit for the plusnet broadband service I no longer have has drawn a monthly payment from my account. The case was also suspended until the 7th January? I have updated the case and it now says it is with debt management department? I'm totally and utterly fed up with this account closure shambles. There must be someone in Plusnet who can close my account and stop me being billed for a service I no longer have Sad

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

As per update on your ticket, I've now issued the charge we have taken back to your direct debit, and closed your account with immediate effect.

I'm really sorry for the time it's taken to get to this point.