cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled mobile on 13/9/22 but got charged again on 17/10/22

PleaseFixASAP

Cancelled mobile on 13/9/22 but got charged again on 17/10/22

Posting here as have moved to China and can't access the helpline anymore - unless I want to pay a hefty roaming charge, which seems a bit cheeky to me.

I cancelled my mobile contract on 13/9 via the 500 helpline while in England; I was informed of the 30-day cancellation period and the fact my 17/9 payment would be taken as usual, but that the extra couple of days after full termination (13/10-17/10) would be refunded to me. This all seemed fair so I agreed and was told my contract would end on 13/10; I didn't get an email confirmation but didn't think anything of it.

Fast forward to 17/10, and I've been charged another month. I can't access any of the normal mobile helplines as I'm in China, and even the internet restrictions are pretty tight (even limiting some of my access to emails).

Please contact me via the forum or email to sort this out. 

As a feedback suggestion, it might be handy to have an "outside EU" contact us page that doesn't require one to ring up directly and incur roaming charges, instead offering a webform or similar

4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Cancelled mobile on 13/9/22 but got charged again on 17/10/22

Hi @PleaseFixASAP,

I'm really sorry to see you're having issues after cancelling your mobile account.

If you can private message me your mobile number and full name, I'll be happy to take a look for you. To be able to message privately you may need to post back twice more to get the right forum permission.

Additionally if you want to call us from abroad without ringing an 0800 number, you can get us on +44 7953 966 500.

On a personal note, where about are you in China? I travelled around the Eastern part for a month a few years back. Was one of the best holiday's I'd ever had. Cheesy 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
PleaseFixASAP

Hey @Gandalf thanks, I'll just see if I can work out how to pm you Cheesy

My issue with the helpline numbers is simply international call fees when calling from China, I believe it's in the region of £3 per minute to make a call from my Plusnet number? Even more on my Chinese network.

PleaseFixASAP

@Gandalf Post 2/2 to fill the quota: I'm in Zhejiang province, Ningbo city. Loving it here, but there's a learning curve for sure!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Heya, ah nice I didn't go to Zhejiang, but I went to Shanghai among other places. Very different and amazing culture! 

I'll drop you a PM back now. Smiley

Cheers

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet