Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled direct debit

barnyandpippa
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Cancelled direct debit

I've finally resorted to cancelling my direct debit.
I've been overcharged for months, I presented a spreadsheet showing all of the over charges and calculated how much I'm owed two weeks ago and it hasn't been sorted. I made my intention to cancel the direct debit clear and still nobody sorted it.
I don't care what the T&Cs say about cancelling direct debits, as far as I am concerned, I'm not prepared to allow a company that can't get its billing right and can't be bothered to answer customer queries access to withdraw funds.
I would consider any charges that PlusNet might choose to impose for being unable to rip me off yet more to be a tax on dealing with a crap company.
7 REPLIES 7
gofaster
Rising Star

Re: Cancelled direct debit

Rather than cancelling the Direct Debit, it would be better to take advantage of the Direct Debit Guarantee.
This should give you an *immediate* refund and PlusNet get a "slap on the wrist"
I believe that enough claims under the guarantee could result in an organization losing the authority to take payments be Direct Debit - that might make them sit up and take notice.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@Mods,
The OP has raised multiple threads over recent weeks - would it be beneficial to CRT and others looking at this to have them all merged in to a single thread to make the history clearer?
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,134318.msg1175233.html#msg1175233 - Re: New Fibre Install
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,134367.msg1176065.html#msg1176065 - Re: Fibre install delayed by Plusnet's error. Can anything be done?
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,129983.msg1177506.html#msg1177506 - Re: Gray BT Openreach box ?
...and now this one.

Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi barnyandpippa,

FYI in case you'd not spotted I replied to your ticket re this yesterday for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

No response here Adam, but there are gripes posted elsewhere!  Shocked

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

barnyandpippa
Rising Star

@_Adam_Walker_ I also replied to you, thanking you for your intervention so far. Almost, but not quite, sorted.
@Strat - classic PlusNet - looks like you didn't actually read the other thread before you locked it?  That is about a different (alright, yet another) problem. Alternatively, it is also equally likely that you locked it because you know that you are in the wrong and are too afraid to comment. Or perhaps you'd like to explain why you thought that your line rental saver rip off had anything to do with charging for the wrong broadband package for three months?
@Townman - I too used to also be a PlusNet supporter, having been a customer for over ten years. I have been extremely patient with wasting time hanging on the phone to the understaffed call centre or waiting days to get responses to tickets where the staff are just trying to plough through and don't bother to read and now I'm sick of it. PlusNet has lost it with regards to customer service, they've taken "cheap" to a new low.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: barnyandpippa
@Strat - classic PlusNet
Strat is not a PlusNet person, just a customer like you.  Wink
barnyandpippa
Rising Star

He's a forum moderator and his behaviours are classic PlusNet - responding without reading.
jim:quote