cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled but still being charged

Raynsm

Cancelled but still being charged

Hi, wonder if anyone can advise. Cancelled phone and broadband nearly two months ago, now provided by talk talk since 13th August, but am still being charged.

cannot seem to reach them by phone, live chat does not work and don’t seem to answer emails contact.

is this some sort of scam? If so the wider public need warning of this!

am at wits end as to what to do, have never encountered such appalling customer service.

would really appreciate hearing from anyone who has found how to rectify this

many thanks, ray

17 REPLIES 17
billibuoy

Re: Cancelled but still being charged

Sorry I cant help Ray but your message does help.I am about to cancel my plusnet order due to apalling lack of contact or progress on my order for new bband. I cancelled my Virgin bb due to poor cust service and they are still providing the service. Who can provide decent service and contact these days I wonder- certainly not plusnet - for 4 days now I have been met with phone quues of 20 mins minimum - gave up each time. Sad
Raynsm

Cheers nigel

i hope there is no dishonesty involved but seems convenient that they manage to take unauthorised payment very efficiently but then seem unable to provide customer service. 

Ray

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Ray.

I'm sorry to see we're still billing you after your line has moved to another provider.

I've arranged for your account to be closed and worked out a refund to be issued to you, providing more detail on the complaint ticket you've raised Here. Apologies for the inconvenience caused by this issue.

@billibuoy, sorry to see you're having second thoughts about continuing on with your order. From what I can see your order is delayed due to the amount of work that our suppliers need to do to provide you with a phone line. I've contacted our suppliers regarding this and I've been advised that the external work is all done and to complete the order we need to arrange an engineer visit with you. Can you update us via your ticket 183218354 with your availability please? Once you've done so feel free to give us a nudge over here and we'll be happy to get it booked in for you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Raynsm

hi gandalf

promised refund, waiting patiently but still nothing, seems to be a serial complaint on forums.

please advise

raynsm

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I didn't get an answer about this when I posted here so I'll pose the same question again:

@jelv wrote:

The last time Plusnet had an issue with more than 1,000 people continuing to be billed after they had left, Plusnet self referred themselves to OFCOM and the fine was reduced by 20% to £880,000. See https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/media/media-releases/2017/plusnet-fined-880,000

Could someone confirm that Plusnet has self referred again? If not everybody affected by this latest failure needs to make a report to OFCOM here: https://ofcomforms.secure.force.com/formentry/SitesFormCCTMonitoring

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@Raynsm,

I've sent this for an escalation to the billing department. Once we have an update for you I'll let you know. Just to keep you in the loop the SLA is up to 48 hours. 

@jelv, the staff on the forums cannot answer the question you're asking.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@JOLO wrote:

@jelv, the staff on the forums cannot answer the question you're asking.

That's a shame. I was hoping it wouldn't be necessary to recommend to everyone that you bill after they have left that they should report you to OFCOM.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
nheather
Dabbler

Plus Net really do seem to have a problem with refunds and promises.

Not sure whether the departments are just dysfunctional or they are in such a poor financial position that they are desperate to hold onto every penny no matter how unlawful.

My refund (just a paltry £10) was promised on the 29th Sept.  Then I was told it would be paid back on the 8th October.  On the 11th October I contacted them again and it was escalated and a manager told me it would now be paid back by BACS and the request had been issued to the Accounts Department.  On 14th October the manager contacted me by PM saying that he had immediately gone off sick when asked to pay the refund (that’s how much PN get upset when they have to give back money) and he would put the request through on his return on 16th October.  I had to chase him up on and he then confirmed that he had put the request in on 17th October and that it would take upto 10 days.  That’s a joke in itself, BACS transfers work within hours so the ten days are all delay introduced by PN.

Okay the then days are not up yet.  It is seven days and no refund has been paid.  I have to give it the rest of the ten days but I’m not holding my breath - personally I think that PlusNet support and accounts staff are a bunch of compulsive liars - I welcome being proved wrong.

Anyway, this is the last chance, when the ten days are up, if the refund has not been paid I am reporting it to Action Fraud and starting a Small Claim Court case - that’s £25 to raise the claim so PN will have to pay a minimum of £35 back to me.

Can’t beleive that PlusNet are prepared to damage their reputation for the sake of £10 - utterly mindless - clearly they must be in dire financial circumstances.

Quite happy to be proved wrong.

Also half expecting this post to be removed - censorship is one of the other tools that PN freely uses.

Cheers,

Nigel

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry to hear that Nigel.

For the sake of clarity I'm not a manager, assuming you're referring to me and that you've not been contacted by someone else via PM on the 14th. I unfortunately did have to step out of the office for a few days shortly after receiving confirmation from our Ops team to request that our billing team refund you the money.

I do apologise for the difficulties you've had in getting the refund and I'll ensure feedback is passed on.

From what I can see I've not had a reply to the email I've sent, so I've chased this up to make sure it's been sent.

Thanks for your continued patience.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've received a reply back now advising that the refund was issued yesterday, so you should receive it within the next 5 working days.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
nheather
Dabbler

Thanks Gandalf,

To be fair customer service have always seemed like they are trying to do the right thing and I think it is the billing department that are creating the problems.  Unfortunately the system does not allow customer to talk to the billing department.  This means that the billing department can do a shoddy job whilst hiding behind customer services that must take the falk.

The senior leadership team need to take the billing department in hand becuase their unprofessional behaviour is damaging the brand.  The company standing on the trust sites is rock bottom and most of the problems point back to the billing department - they are killing the brand and the business.

Cheers,

Nigel

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No worries.

In fairness the refund request wasn't sent to our billing team until the 16th when I e-mailed them. Refund requests for mobile accounts are issued in bulk every Tuesday, and as I requested the refund on a Tuesday, it was issued the following Tuesday.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused by the delay.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
nheather
Dabbler

Okay, will look out for it.

I get that BACS transfers are batched up, but once commited the transfer takes a couple if hours at most.

So if it was in a BACS batch yesterday it should have been in my bank this morning - which it wasn’t.

Will give it a few more days - perhaps PN use a different BACS process to the rest of the world.

Cheers,

Nigel

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

From reading an article Here, BACs payments typically take 3 working days.

A standard timeframe of 3-5 working days that we advise would account for any possible processing delays.

Please let us know if you don't have the money back by next Tuesday.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet