Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled but still being billed

lokikali
Hooked

Cancelled but still being billed

Hi Forum,

I have a problem with my bill and am hoping some of you could advise or a member of the support team could look into it.

On 5th May I instructed Plusnet that I would be cancelling my contract in response to the price rise proposed to come into effect  on 5th June. The service with my new provider went live on 22nd May. However it seems that only the line rental was cancelled and I am still being billed by plusnet for broadband.

I was under the assumption that both services would end. Was this wrong? Am I still bound to the contract for broadband since the price increase was on line rental?

Thanks for reading.

6 REPLIES 6
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Cancelled but still being billed

This year's price increase was for broadband, but in any case I don't think that matters.  I'm  sure one of the PN staff who help on this forum will look into this for you, although you might have to wait until Monday.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear this.

I've passed this to the relevant team to be sorted

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
lokikali
Hooked

Thanks for the attempt MatthewWheeler however the relevant team seems to have not solved this problem.

You are still billing me. The relevant team seems to have only cancelled my special offer discount so now the bill due to be taken on 24/09 is for £18.49, whereas previous months were £10.51. ie Instead of refunding money that you are due me you have increased what you intend to take.

This is absolutely unacceptable. The September bill should be cancelled and you should refund however much I have overpaid as soon as practical. I also think you should offer me a goodwill gesture as an apology for this disgraceful customer service.

John

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry to hear that John.

From what I can see your account is cancelled so I'd ignore the automated email you've received, it's likely a delayed notification.

For your refund, if you go Here you'll find more information regarding this.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
lokikali
Hooked

Well it seems that I jumped ship at exactly the right time! I didn't realise others were experiencing similar problems. Nor did I realise Plusnet was fined for this behaviour only 18 months ago. I feel kind of sorry for the staff having to deal with this - but more so for customers who don't even realise they are being billed incorrectly.

'Automated email' doesn't accurately describe what Plusnet has presented to me. I'm talking about a pdf titled "Your bill" with an associated invoice number. That isn't just an automated, delayed email notification - it is a bill.

I've cancelled the direct debit because I'm hardly just going to wait and see whether you decide to help yourself to my bank account. I shouldn't have to do that and have never before felt the need to. Ofcom's position is unequivocal - “There can be no margin for error, and no excuses, when it comes to billing customers correctly” - so I would urge anyone affected to report it to Ofcom by filling out the monitoring form on their website.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @lokikali

I am sincerely sorry for the issue that has occurred and will take personal ownership of this for you.

I have sent you a ticket here with the action we will take.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team