cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled account 11 months ago and still getting bills and threats of Debt Collectors

elecman1

Cancelled account 11 months ago and still getting bills and threats of Debt Collectors

Feb 18 i closed my Plusnet phone and broadband account, and since then i keep getting bills for the subscription, i ring they admit its an error send me a email confirming no bill outstanding, then a month or so later i get another bill and the rounsabot starts again i ring they confirm no debt account closed. To be honest i am know starting to feel harassed by the consent threats even though its Plusnets error. Any suggestions as i dont feel the terms i speak to on the phone have the facilities to sort the problem.

12 REPLIES 12
crimsom
Rising Star

Re: Cancelled account 11 months ago and still getting bills and threats of Debt Collectors

Hello @elecman1 that is really appalling news.

Unfortunately this is an all too common occurrence by unregulated Debt Collectors. Please get their details on every visit. A photograph of their identity badge is a bonus. They are obliged to give you a copy of their paperwork for your records. Never, ever allow a Debt Collector to enter your house for the first time because if you do, you give them the right of entry in perpetuity

You are being harassed and/or intimidated when you have told them to stop. Many people think this is just something they have to put up with, but that’s not the case. From May 2008 you can now report their criminal activities to your local Trading Standards by letter, etc. (so that there is a record) and quote "The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations (2008)" which imposed a general duty not to trade unfairly and seek to ensure that traders act honestly and fairly towards their customers.

If you make a formal complaint to Trading Standards, they can, and will, take serious steps to stop companies harassing consumers.

Hope this helps. Kind regards.

crimsom
Rising Star

Re: Cancelled account 11 months ago and still getting bills and threats of Debt Collectors

Hello @elecman1 after nearly a year with a flag alert on your old account you must protect yourself. Your credit rating may now be compromised. You now need to determine the consequences of this appalling harassment. Unfortunately you cannot rely on other people to protect your credit rating. Hope this helps. Kind regards. 

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm really sorry about the issues with this @elecman1  my colleague @Gandalf picked this up yesterday and raised a request to get your details removed from the debt recovery process and the account cancelled so that's due to be dealt with very soon.

Moderators Note: Changed the tag and name to the correct poster.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
elecman1

Joke continues i cancelled my account in Feb 19, and it was comfirmed by email yet they kept billing then acknowledging there mistake cancelling the bill a year this has continued see below todays responce. I think they owe me compension for all the time ive put in dealing with there error.

We're sad to hear that you've requested to cancel your Plusnet services, but we've done as you asked and placed your cancellation request.

The cancellation will take place on 22nd January 2020.             

Cancellation charges

There are no cancellation charges.           

crimsom
Rising Star

Hello @elecman1 guess this could be a billing response to @Gandalf having picked this up and raised a request to get your details removed from the debt recovery process and your account cancelled. 

If this correction process has been implemented correctly, you should have received an email confirming that the @Gandalf intervention is underway.

You are at liberty to discuss this with your local Citizens Advice Bureaux to determine what your compensation options are. 

Hope this helps. Kind regards. 

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @elecman1, thanks for getting back in touch.

As mentioned by @crimsom , you've received this email due to the actions carried out to remove your account from debt collection.

Apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Notification tag fixed/edited
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
crimsom
Rising Star

Hello @elecman1 is there an update that you are willing to share with the community? 

The community are always willing to assist if we can. Thanks to @abails0105 and @adamwalker

Hope that has been or will soon have been fixed for you. 

Kind regards. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

We can't give specific information but this has been sorted now, the OP shouldn't get anymore notifications regarding an outstanding balance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
landmine

My account has been closed after I switched to a different ISP and Telephone provider yet I am still being billed for non existant service too.  I am cancelling my direct debit, and sending an official letter of complaint, and I hope that I don't get harassed either.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @landmine,

Thanks for reaching out to us here.

'm sorry to read about the experience you've with us during the closure of your account and I apologise for the frustration caused. This is certainly not the level of service we expect any of our customers to receive. I've checked over the account for you and provided a more thorough response over a complaint ticket for you here.

Thanks.

landmine

Thanks for your reply, Staff Mads at Plusnet Help Team.

I couldn't find the complaint ticket on the link you gave me so I'll reply here if I may to your response by email to me stating:

• "On checking your account it appears you moved providers 27/01/20 after-which your Plusnet account closed down. You were invoiced the day before on 26/01/20 for £35.92 - I can see this has not been paid due to cancellation of the direct debit instruction, as such we can wait for the payment to bounce and deduct the incorrect charges or you call in and make the full payment afterwhich we can refund you"

I take the former option; i.e. wait for the bounced payment and for deduction of incorrect charges.  Any outstanding amount for services used up to 21:30 hrs on 27 January 2020, I should be more than happy to make payment over the phone after invoice has been updated.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

No worries @landmine, I'll keep an eye out for this and will update you via the support ticket once I have more news - you'll also receive a copy of it via email if you have any trouble accessing the online member centre.

Thanks.