cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled Broadband and Phone Account but Plusnet think I've changed my mind!

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Cancelled Broadband and Phone Account but Plusnet think I've changed my mind!

Cancelled my account earlier today after many years with PlusNet with very few problems along the way. I am moving to a rental property so don't want a 12 month contract and can't do a house move, my username in not suitable and of course cannot be changed.

Cancellation agreed with 14 day notice period but later today got emails saying Home Phone Cancellation has been stopped, not by me it hasn't!

I suspect the reason is my house buyers have already raised orders to take over the line so no more orders can be started and the e-mail is some stupid automated response.

PlusNet staff - please confirm that my account will be cancelled after my notice period.

See Question 185180030  I tried to add comments but it didn't work for me.

I do not want payments being taken after the account closes, apart from the final bill of course. I will be watching closely for any unexpected payments. I was told by customer options to keep my DD active but judging by the problems some customers are having I'm not sure it's a good idea.Sad

3 REPLIES 3
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Cancelled Broadband and Phone Account but Plusnet think I've changed my mind!

Hi @RealAleMadrid,

Thanks for getting in touch and please don't worry. 

A ticket update with more details has been provided here I have also sent a text update confirming your cease date.

If there is anything else we may assist you with please feel free to get back in touch.

Thank you.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Cancelled Broadband and Phone Account but Plusnet think I've changed my mind!

@OllieC

It seems PlusNet still believe I want to stay with them, I do not, I have left the property and expect the account to be cancelled as previously arranged.

I received this update to the ticket.....

Our Support Team have passed Question 185180030 to you with the comment shown below.

Dear Mr xxxxxxxx, After checking your account I can see that the cease of service has been cancelled (Ticket no SN394630582).   Please would confirm that you have decided to stay with Plusnet as your telephone and broadband provider before we close this ticket.

Kind regards, xxxxxxxxx

[Email notification sent to: xxxxxxxx]

I have responded to the ticket saying that any service notices saying the cease has been cancelled are not correct.

Please confirm that the account closure will go ahead.

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @RealAleMadrid

I have looked into your query and responded to you via a ticket. You can view this by Clicking Here

Should you require any further assistance, please do get back in touch with us.

Best wishes.