cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled BT Sport but still being charged for it

lucillapaull
Hooked

Cancelled BT Sport but still being charged for it

Some months ago I cancelled BT Sport on the phone with Plusnet. I checked the TV that day and it was no long er showing programmes and said I had to subscribe if I wanted to watch it.  I thought nothing more of it except yesterday I accidentally switched on the channel and it was playing. I checked my bill and it turned out I’d been charged for it for the last couple of months.

i obviously have no record of proof of the phone call as you can’t cancel online, only on the phone, I now can’t get through to customer service to try to resolve it, live chat is offline so I can’t get proof of contact that way and no doubt when I do eventually get hold of them they will say I’m lying anyway. You also can’t email to get a record that way as they don’t provide an email address.

Has anyone else had the same experience?

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Cancelled BT Sport but still being charged for it

Hi @lucillapaull, I am really sorry to hear about this.

I will take the time to look into this and try and locate the call for you, I will then get back to you via the ticket I have created here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
lucillapaull
Hooked

Do you not think, that to avoid this happening to anyone else in the future, you should allow cancellation of BT Sport either online, via chat, or indeed anyway that your Customer can indeed prove they’ve cancelled it?

At the moment, the only way to cancel BT Sport is by phoning Customer Service and I very much doubt you’d be happy if we recorded those calls?

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @lucillapaull, I have now added a response to the open ticket for you.

I appreciate your feedback and will ensure this is passed to the relevant team. Please note that our calls are recorded and when a product is removed/ changed an automated notice (usually accompanied by a manual email from an agent if you've spoke to one) is generated to confirm the change.

We are more than happy to assist with removing BT Sport via this platform also.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team