cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation

AriesKaz

Cancellation

I am separating from my partner but our broadband service is in my name. I am moving out of the property but my partner is staying and wants to keep it going. I want to know if I can remove myself or would I have to cancel altogether? If I cancel will I incur charges?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kaz
3 REPLIES 3
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Cancellation

I'm sure a member of PN staff will respond in due course but probably not until Monday.  From what I've read on this forum you can't transfer your broadband to someone else, and if you cancel before the end of your contract, there is a charge which you'll find under Account Summary in Member Centre.  And if you have paid line rental for a year in advance that isn't refundable.

AriesKaz

Thank you.

That is what I feared but I will wait to see if I get an answer from PN on Monday.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Welcome to the community forums @AriesKaz.

Unfortunately what Jonpe has said is correct. However it may be worth considering (If possible in the circumstances) moving your service to your new address as this will keep the service in your name as it moves with you while cancelling the service at the current address to allow for a new service to be set up in your partners name.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet