cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation query

hellbunnydeluxe
Hooked

Cancellation query

I just wanted to check if my account was closing as I was told on live chat this morning that "the account is in the process of cancellation but it seems it wasn't cancelled in time to stop the billing going through automatically. If you contact your bank and get them to cancel the direct debit it will stop the payment, and our team will ensure the account is closed" This was after phoning to cancel a month ago and having questions left in my account. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
8 REPLIES 8
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Cancellation query

Sorry that the account wasn't cancelled in time to stop this months invoice being generated. I can see you spoke to one of my colleagues on chat and he's advised that you can cancel the DD mandate with your bank and we'll ensure the account is closed, the alternative is that we can refund this once the payment has cleared.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
hellbunnydeluxe
Hooked

Thanks for the quick reply. I think I'd rather leave the direct debit in place and get issued the payment refund. Could you tell me how I would go about getting the refund processed and let me know when my account will be cancelled?
hellbunnydeluxe
Hooked

The money charged in error has come out of my account. Could you please process my refund?
Chris
Legend

Yes, I'll get that sorted for you.

*edit*

It hasn't fully cleared on our side yet, so I can't process the refund right now. We'll do that asap.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
hellbunnydeluxe
Hooked

Hi, the payment looks like it's cleared now. Could you process the refund please?
Chris
Legend

I'll go take a look.

Should be sorted this afternoon, the billing team are looking at this now.

hellbunnydeluxe
Hooked

I got an email informing me that my account would be closed today but I can no longer access my online account to check. Is this normal? Also could you let me know how long the refund will take to get to me?
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

The account is closed now for you so that will be why you can no longer access it. I believe the refund should be back in the account it was taken from within 10 working days from being issued Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet