cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation policy - no discretion or flexibility?

frcr

Cancellation policy - no discretion or flexibility?

I have just got off the phone to a customer support agent. I needed to cancel one of my PlusNet ADSL accounts - one  I had set up in September 2012 - as I no longer require a connection at the premises in question, and I am moving back to another premises (which I already have a plusnet connection at, and have done for 2 years).
Despite having multiple PlusNet connections, and being only about 2 months short of the year contract at the place in question, the customer support agent insisted that I could not merely pay for the remaining two months but would be subject to the full £90 cancellation charge. This is despite the fact that I was without a phone and Internet for almost 6 weeks at the start as PlusNet failed to submit the D/D request to my bank, and the fact that there have been numerous connection issues throughout (granted this is more of a BTOR issue, but my contract for the service still lies with PN).
I am aware of the cost/cancellation fee structure but it seems odd that there is no flexibility or discretion applied - especially considering I have PN already at another site - anyone care to comment?
(I am posting from an account linked to another username - not the one in issue - as the account for the relevant username already seems to have been deleted)
7 REPLIES 7
frcr

Re: Cancellation policy - no discretion or flexibility?

Three days later, and no one from Plusnet has bothered to reply? Oh dear.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry for the lack of reply, I've asked one of the team to respond this afternoon.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
I fully understand this must seen quite inflexible especially when you hold another account with us.
Part of that fee relates to costs that we have to pay direct to our suppliers, namely the £25 cessation fee and £25 towards a deferred activation fee.
To show that we do appreciate your custom and especially as someone who's held multiple accounts I feel we can be flexible on the deferred hardware cost so I'm going to make sure you get that back. Any objections to me applying that as 4 x £10 discounts to the account you still hold with us?
Hope that helps and sorry again for the late reply!
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
frcr

Adam, that's great, thanks very much. I have replied to the ticket thanking you, too.
On another note... When I go into the 'product change' page of my account I see fibre 'Essentials' is now 50p a month cheaper than my package. It also states that:
"If you choose to take Plusnet home phone, you'll benefit from a £2.50 reduction on your monthly broadband bill for as long as your phone line remains with Plusnet."
I have never seen a discount applied; is it possible for this to be sorted? (without starting another 18-month contract!)
Thanks again
jim:quote
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Looks like you've talked to one of our agents this morning and they've arranged a deal for you? Hope so, and hope it's one you're happy with, thanks very much Smiley
The discounts should already be part of the pricing plan as opposed to being added separately, so you should get those automatically without seeing any separate discounts being applied to the invoice.
Hope that helps explain.
frcr

Matt,
No, no deal arranged, as that required a new contract.
I pay £13.99 line rental in addition to £16.49 for fibre - So I'm not receiving the £2.50 reduction automatically... Unless I'm missing something?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

If you were on our newer products and *didn't* have the phone line, you'd be paying £2.50 more for broadband only.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.