cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation of broadband barely into contract

Bruticus

Cancellation of broadband barely into contract

Hi,
I have recently moved from an area where I was hitting about 33mb on fibre, and have recently moved into a house that is not supplied by fibre. I was predicted to receive 4mb (definitely between 2.5mb and 6mb). I currently receive 2.7mb d/l. and a 0.4mb u/l
I had to renew my contract when I moved, and was happy to thinking I would be getting 4mb, with the chance to upgrade to fibre in the near future as the exchange is fibre enabled. I have just checked to try and find a date, and the cabinet is now marked as "Under review" which means "We’re in your area but we’re still assessing whether or not we can upgrade your cabinet. This means you can’t order Superfast Fibre. Click here to find out more."
Click here refers to:
A cabinet may be under review for a number of reasons, including local planning issues, (we still need planning permission in a number of scenarios, or planning due to safety reasons), problems with our underground network or issues with the supply of a suitable power source. Due to these reasons and the length of time it takes to resolve such problems, we are unable to give likely dates when the cabinet will be able to accept orders.

Now, according to my terms, If I were to cancel my broadband contract now, I would have to pay £8.90 per month for the term of my contract (another 23 months), yet the package is only £5.99 a month?
Is there any way I can cancel the broadband aspect of my contract without a massive charge? My broadband went live on the 23rd September from what I remember...
I am finding it hard to even stream youtube videos to my phone, and Virgin offer up to 152mb in my street.... Alternatively, can someone give me a predicted timing for fibre to be rolled out to my house?
3 REPLIES 3
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Cancellation of broadband barely into contract

Hi Bruticus.
I'm sorry to see that your cabinet isn't ready yet. It really is a shame as that would be the most simple resolution. We don't really have any news on when it's likely to be ready, but as soon as it is we'll be able to provision it for you. Just out of interest, which site are you referring to?
The full price of the broadband is £9.99/£12.49 non-contract (subject to market areas). However the discounted rate is offered as a reward to you; firstly for opting to take out Home Phone with us, and secondly for agreeing to stick with us for a contracted period of time. This is why it shows at the moment as if it looks as if the leaving charge is bigger than the actual price you are paying.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Bruticus

Hi,
The Exchange is Werrington, Peterborough (EMWERRI)
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

I'll keep eyes out on this exchange for you.
Like I said, I'd much prefer that we have you on fibre rather than deal with cancellations and profit forgone fees.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet