Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation of Service

Lethe
Dabbler

Cancellation of Service

Hi.

I'd like to make sure service does not renew please - I'm within a few weeks of the end date.  I am unable to call in to do this because I haven't had a working phone service for several months.  My address is still wrong on my account two years later so if I need to be sent documentation please make sure it gets sent to my current address.

I've had Virgin Media installed.  They turned up when they said they would - showed me the almost ruined cabling leading to the house, put in a fresh telephone socket and I'm now happily enjoying a working service with them that includes internet at 100mb instead of 2mb.  No doubt I will have trials and tribulations as no service provider is perfect, but I'm sad Plusnet has changed so much - TalkTalk levels of service at 3x the cost is far from acceptable.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Cancellation of Service

Sorry to hear you've decided to leave us because you've had problems with your service.

We would have been happy to help resolve any issues.

Thanks for flagging up your address is incorrect on your account, I've updated that now.

We can't take cancellation requests via the community forums I'm afraid. if you don't have a mobile phone you can call us on 0800 013 2632, I'd recommend writing us a letter. For more information, please see our Cancellation Policy

All the best with your new provider.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Lethe
Dabbler

This really is part of the problem. I've explained many times that I have hearing difficulties and mobile phones can be very challenging to me for conversation - it seems you have retained this information nowhere. This was a huge problem when I moved - with your customer services team almost refusing to deal with me because I couldn't call in.

I've raised the same issue constantly over the last year. It's fair to say I've been very patient and your standards of support have been suboptimal. I'd certainly urge Plus net to review how it retains and treats customer data in relation to disability needs. A land line is vital for me to access medical services when needed.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

why not write in as suggested above

By post to: Plusnet plc, The Balance, 2 Pinfold St. Sheffield, S1 2GU. It is recommended that for your own peace of mind, any letter containing a cancellation request for cease of service is sent by recorded delivery. We cannot accept responsibility for lost letters not sent in this way. The letter must state the name of the account holder, the account username, the full address of where we are providing the service as well as the telephone number which we are providing the service on.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there,

I've tested your line and I'm unable to find a fault. I reviewed your account and I can see we created a ticket on your account with a couple of checks you can try before we arrange an engineer. Unfortunately we didn't hear back from you.

You can find the ticket here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=152199336

I am sorry that you're unable to call us. As per 's advice, if you write a letter in to us we'll process your cancellation.

Thanks

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet