Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation instructions not followed

peteredelsten
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Cancellation instructions not followed

About 15th May 2021 I sent a letter cancelling my services as the flat has been sold and the buyer has taken over the services. On 21st May 2021 Plusnet Customer support opened Question 214528127 to track the issue but I haven't heard anything further so I assumed it had been dealt with. However in the meantime the billing system is still trying to take payments via direct debit. If Plusnet want me to pay anything to cancel the services they should send me an invoice so I know what to pay. Otherwise I don't see why I should pay anything as someone else has taken over the services.

I used to be able to raise or answer tickets directly via the website but this seems to no longer work.

I tried to phone but couldn't get through to anyone.

How am I supposed to communicate with whoever is dealing with this matter?

15 REPLIES 15
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Cancellation instructions not followed

Thanks for your post @peteredelsten 

Looks like there's more to this than meets the eye.

I've dropped you an email under the ticket ref 215254591 which I hope helps. 

Let me know if there are any further issues. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
peteredelsten
Grafter

Thanks for your response Gandalf and I see something is now happening.

However, this does not answer the question that I raised. I specifically wanted to know what communication method I was supposed to use given that I seem unable to respond to support tickets as I used to. I resorted to posting a message on this forum which is inappropriate as the matter should be kept private.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @peteredelsten 

You would've been able to respond to the support ticket 214528127 when we received your letter on the 21st but we closed the ticket on the 24th believing the transfer to another provider should resolve this.

The one 215254591 I've raised was created as a closed ticket just to send an email to you.

If you need to contact us privately, you can call our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 or message us via Facebook/Twitter although we can't take cancellation requests via Social. 

Feel free to drop me a PM if there are any further issues. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
peteredelsten
Grafter

Thanks very much Gandalf for the clarification.

You appear to be confirming that I could not respond to the various tickets that were raised because you closed them before I could do so. Also, that I am unable to raise a ticket even though your website at https://portal.plus.net/wizard/index.html?help_action=tdl01  invites a user to do so.

The ticketing system used to work really well. I suggest you reinstate the ability of customers to raise support tickets as we used to be able to do. Also, do not close tickets that you raise until customers have had a chance to respond.

Tags (1)
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @peteredelsten 

Support tickets are something we're moving away from in favour of other methods to get in touch such as by phone, Facebook, Twitter and our Community Forums. We started this process a good 6 years ago by limiting on what you can raise a ticket for, and recently we've removed the remainder of the ticket categories.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
peteredelsten
Grafter

I am still unable to respond to tickets raised by Plusnet even though it invites me to do so. Today I received a message from [CSA Removed] about the cancellation. The message says:

"You can follow the progress of this Question online and add information if you need to."

But when I go to the ticket on-line there is no way of adding information.

How am I supposed to communicate with [CSA Removed]?

Moderators Note: CSA Name removed as per Forum rules

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @peteredelsten,

Please accept my apologies for any confusion that this may have caused. The message you're referring to is an automated response informing your that a ticket has been raised on the account. As the ticket has been raised as a "closed contact" ticket, you won't be able to respond directly to it, however you can still view it by clicking here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
peteredelsten
Grafter

Thank you for your response TheMightyAJ. However you have not addressed the query which I raised i.e.:

"How am I supposed to communicate with [CSA Removed]?"

I need to be able to communicate with the person who raised an issue in a message to me in order to try and resolve it. Without some communication it seems unlikely that the issue will ever get solved.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @peteredelsten,

If you click the link included in my prior post you'll be able to view the ticket, which will explain why communicating via the ticket system for this particular case is unfortunately unviable.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
peteredelsten
Grafter

Thank you for your response TheMightyAJ.

I understand that I cannot communicate via the ticketing system. However you have not addressed the query which I raised i.e.:

"How am I supposed to communicate with [CSA Removed]?"

If I cannot communicate via the ticketing system, how should I communicate with the person who raised the issue?

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Apologies for any further confusion. I've included an excerpt from the referenced ticket below:

"Please contact us as soon as possible to make payment of your final fees. The number to call is 0800 077 8488. We are open between 8:00am and 4.30pm Monday to Friday, and 9:00am and 5:30pm on Saturdays."

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
peteredelsten
Grafter

Thanks TheMightyJ

The instructions you have quoted assume I just want to pay a final fee but this is not the case as the final bill is incorrect.

I would like to communicate directly with the support operson dealing with the cancellation to sort out the issues involved. How can I do this?. If I cannot deal with the support person directly I feel the matter will not be resolved.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @peteredelsten,

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way. It may be best to call the number quoted and discuss the matter further with the team, as they may be able to make an adjustment to the balance if the fee is found to be incorrect.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
peteredelsten
Grafter

Ok TheMightyAJ thanks but that doesnt work - I tried to phone previously but never got anywhere. I want to write down exactly what they have done wrong and send it to them.

I shall send a letter in the post. I know that works because that is how I sent the initial cancellation request.