Cancellation fee totally wrong

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Cancellation fee totally wrong

Quote from: pwatson
Quote from: g1000
A problem specific to me:

Not just you...  In my case a charge has never actually shown since I re-contracted around 10 months ago!  Perhaps that means I could have left for free? Smiley  My details are shown in the attachment - Contract renewed for 12 months on the 30th July and LRS paid for on the same day, not that you'd know it from the account details!

Yes, apparently you could have left for free. I contacted COT yesterday, after receiving the price increase e-mail, to give 14 days notice. But my LRS still has time to run. The advisor said that it would be better to review my options at the end of the LRS period because I can leave anytime without penalty. This is because my account is showing similar to pwatson. It even shows a couple of 1970 dates! The fact that I agreed a 18 month minimum period 9 months ago doesn't matter, the computer says yes, I can go anytime according to the account information.
I asked for confirmation in writing which I received soon after the 'phone call. Edited e-mail below.
"Dear Mr xxxxxx,
You can leave us at any point without early termination charges and I would recommend that you discuss new term in the final month of your line rental saver.
Kind regards,
xxxxxxx xxxxxxxx"
g1000
Grafter

Re: Cancellation fee totally wrong

After waiting 24 days here and not a peep from the promised 'looking into it', and waiting 14 days and needing 2 responses to a formal complaint, the final answer I have on the revised June price guide is:
I have taken a look int this, however the revision of the Price Guide in June did not change any of the prices on there, it was simply re-worded to be more clear, and therefore is not a detrimental change.

God give me strength. I could not have laid it out clearer or explained it more simply than I did for them. There is no discount for cancelling phone+broadband if you are a LRS customer any more, it is totally missing. It can't be a mistake or it would have been corrected by now.
This is going to Ofcom and CISAS now, no question.