Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation fee totally wrong

g1000
Grafter

Cancellation fee totally wrong

Hello
My portal says £196.35 early termination fee. This is totally wrong and nearly double what it should be according to the price guide I signed up to and I have no idea how this figure has been calculated. Please can it be corrected urgently.
The correct figure should be 16 * 6.20 = £99.20.
(I am in an 18 month contract since March 2015 for Broadband & Phone, Unlimited Fibre and have fully paid 2 months already - see "Plusnet Broadband and Fibre Family price guide" Term 11 read in conjunction with Table 1.7. I am excluded from Phone Early Termination Charges as I am a Line Rental Saver customer - see "Plusnet Talk price guide" Term 13)
Thanks
46 REPLIES 46
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Cancellation fee totally wrong

There have been a couple of threads about this in the past http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,130844.0.html & http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,133728.0.html .
I think everyone accepts the charges shown on the account are wrong but I'm not sure we're anywhere nearer a resolution Roll_eyes

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

catelliott
Grafter

Hi there g1000,
It doesn't look like the portal takes Line Rental Saver into account, I'll pass this on to see if there's anything we can do Smiley I hope you're not thinking of leaving us! If you have any concerns, let us know.
g1000
Grafter

Hi Cat
Regretfully, it looks like I will be left with no other option but to request cancellation without penalty in about a week's time.
I cannot be expected to put up with this any longer:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,135389.msg1228777.html#msg1228777
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,135389.msg1229199.html#msg1229199
I hope though I have been so fair, so patient, so helpful (well, I tried to be) that Plusnet don't make a fuss and I can just leave now, paying only for the months I have used and nothing more.
catelliott
Grafter

Hi there g1000,
I've taken a look through your account, and can see that you have raised this to us previously, but we have been unable to progress any faults as on each occasion we have asked you for further information that you haven't provided to us (speed tests, TAP3 tests, etc.). If you're still experiencing problems it would be best to raise it to our faults team at http://faults.plus.net Smiley
g1000
Grafter

Hi Cat

The picture you paint isn't true at all. Those tickets are closed and deal with 'dead issues'. It feels like you have deliberately been digging around to find a reason to 'blame the customer'. By looking at only the tickets you are not seeing the full story.
The issue is a different one from that in the tickets. I have posted full detail on the forums, where the issue has been investigated at a much higher level than the extremely-slow ticket system. Matthew Wheeler has personally thanked me more than once for all my tests and information that have helped Plusnet in fact. If he wishes to tell me I need to go through a faults ticket procedure all over again, then he can do so. At no point has he suggested I do, and with respect he has been dealing with all this so I will listen to him on that particular matter.
To imply I have not been giving requested information to Plusnet to assist them to fix the issue is insulting to my efforts.
(There were only 2 occasions where I didn't provide requested information on the tickets and I had very good reasons for doing so 1) I was on ADSL, there was suspicion the VP was congested despite not being flagged, I was asked to BT speed tests. I wanted to upgrade to fibre anyway, so as I said to Plusnet, I would upgrade, see what happens and take the issue from there 2) then when on fibre, the TAP3 tests were coming back slow. Plusnet took so long responding to my ticket that BT Wholesale said the test was too old and asked for a repeat. By that time, the TAP3 results were fine and they had fixed the capacity issues at my exchange, so I let the ticket auto-close. The issue that I continued to experience was clearly something else, the one experienced by many users on that thread I linked to, and this is where we are at now)
g1000
Grafter

Quote from: catelliott
I'll pass this on to see if there's anything we can do Smiley

What happened please? I haven't heard anything and the cancellation fee is still totally wrong. This is the 3rd time of asking, so can Plusnet please fix it now.
g1000
Grafter

Hello?
g1000
Grafter

Please can anybody from Plusnet offer some proper support please?  I don't think it's too much to expect.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Have you tried contacting support using Live Chat?
David
g1000
Grafter

Yes I tried that, after nearly 30 mins of waiting, they said they don't deal with that stuff.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Sorry this wasn't picked up. I'll look into your account first thing when I'm back in.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
mlmclaren
Grafter

@MattyC - Can you let me know how much it's going to cost me to cancel early and get my MAC to transfer elsewhere?
g1000
Grafter

Quote from: MattyC
Sorry this wasn't picked up. I'll look into your account first thing when I'm back in.
Matty

Thanks Matty. Unfortunately tomorrow 17th June a new price guide comes into effect (I noticed by accident, alerted by another thread).
Plusnet have failed to inform me of this, which is their duty. The early termination charges have totally changed in their cost and new charges have effectively been added, and for me the total per remaining month has now nearly doubled. The changes apply to existing customers, not just new ones.
When contract terms change I understand the customer should be informed in writing and if to the customer's detriment, it is a legal and regulatory requirement to offer an opportunity to leave the contract penalty-free.
I hope I receive my notice of this soon, and instructions how to leave penalty-free if I choose to do so. I believe everyone should be offered this. I know other big providers do send out letters to everybody when they make these kinds of changes and give clear instructions how to leave, I have received them in the past. Thanks.
mlmclaren
Grafter

Hold ON !
@g1000 are you saying the early termination charges have been increased on fibre and phone products?