cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation fee of £218.88

las17
Hooked

Cancellation fee of £218.88

Firstly, one cannot say how bad plus net are, rarely answer phones and they asked me to agree to terms and conditions on a tiny chat screen !!! Surely agreeing to terms like this is not legal !! And only being told they will be emailed once I have agreed.

Then after a nightmare chat agreeing to tiny terms and conditions to change service I notice there is a this in the account page

29/03/2018 - Unlimited Fibre Broadband £218.88(upon cancellation)

Seriously what the hell is this ? 

Anyone from plus net out there who can answer this ?? 

4 REPLIES 4
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Cancellation fee of £218.88

Moderators Note.
moved to myaccount / billing
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

That amount is if you were to cancel today and what it would cost.
Each month that will decrease until it reaches 0 at the end of your contract

You can see the cost of early terminiation here https://www.plus.net/help/legal/plusnet-price-guide-for-residential-products/#other-charges-price-gu...

It's nothing to be concerned with unless you plan on leaving your contract early. 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

@las17 wrote:

they asked me to agree to terms and conditions on a tiny chat screen !!! Surely agreeing to terms like this is not legal !! And only being told they will be emailed once I have agreed.

Oral contracts are nothing new.  However, most of us have probably not had reason to concern ourselves with them until the telecommunications market was 'liberalised'.  The good news is that they are now more easily verifiable and enforceable with audio recordings being commonplace.  And yes, they are legal.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

As others have advised that's just your current cancellation fees should you decide to leave your contract.

It does reduce over time as you near to your contract end date.

It's worth me mentioning to you that as always if you're not happy with the terms of your new contract, you do have 14 days to let us know to cancel the contract and revert back to your previous agreement.

The 14 day cooling off period starts from the day after you agree to the contract.

Hope this helps clarify things.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet