cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation clarification

ladybirdhotel

Cancellation clarification

Just to check I have this right...
If you cancel before a 12 month contract is finished, you pay the remaining subscriptions for the x number of months left to run on the contract. You also pay a BT cease charge if applicable. Then you also pay £40 for the "free" router and £40 for the "free" setup.
If you cancel at 12 months, you have already paid the same subscriptions, and of course BT cease charge if applicable. However you don't have to pay for the "free" router and setup.
I have no issue with the charge for BT or that the remaining subscriptions are due. However what's the justification for this discrepancy of router and setup charges? Cancelling before 12 months is up does not put plusnet out of pocket as we have to pay the remaining subscriptions, and in fact paying in a lump sum means they get it now instead of having to wait x months to collect the lot.  So why the punishment charges?
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Cancellation clarification

No you don't pay the remaining subscriptions it is a 10day notice period
You only pay the cease charge if you don't migrate to another ISP
ladybirdhotel

Thanks for the speedy reply.
Even within the 12 month contract? http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/cancellation.shtml 5.3 and 7.4 seem to suggest that it would be due 😕
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

There were 12 month contracts for broadband but they have been scrapped except perhaps for Business Contracts (I am not sure if they still are)
Regarding Home Phone - I really don't know - that will need a rep to advise but I thought that there weren't any 12 month contracts now
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi ladybirdhotel,
There isn't a 12 month contract on the subscription, but you will be charged for the deferred setup fee (you can only defer this if you order your phone service from us, if you order broadband on its own the fee needs to be taken up front). This drops off the account after 12 months. It's the same with the deferred hardware costs - it's only payable if you leave within 12 months of the account going live. That's where the majority of the charge has come from in your case.
I hope that clears things up for you,