cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation and keeping Plusnet email address

ianmcleod1963
Dabbler

Cancellation and keeping Plusnet email address

My elderly in-laws are moving in to our extension next month and so we will be cancelling their existing PlusNet account. Broadband speeds are poor here (averaging around 2Mb/s) and so looking at mobile broadband with 3 which we can get for £22 a month for unlimited data and testing using a 3 Sim we can get around 14Mb/s so well above landline broadband speeds. Can someone from PlusNet confirm that we can change to an email only account and that this is now free (used to be £1.06 a month but looking at previous forum posts from Gandalf this appears to have changed to free?

3 REPLIES 3
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: Cancellation and keeping Plusnet email address

Hi @ianmcleod1963,

You can indeed change the account to an email only account, but make sure it's mentioned when calling to discuss the cancellation, and it's also now completely free of charge! 

I take it fibre services aren't available in your in-laws area? It might be worth having a look at https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ to double check if you haven't already, as we might be able to do a similar deal to the £ one you've noted. 

ianmcleod1963
Dabbler

No. Checker says it is but Openreach engineer said no way when he attempted to install as we're around 4km from cabinet. This affects around 25 residents in the area

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@ianmcleod1963,

Ah that's a shame, but makes sense that it wouldn't be available at that length of copper. I'd expect their address is probably on the map for FTTP at some point then so might be worth keeping an eye on openreach.co.uk for that, though understandable to move from an ADSL only connection on that length of line.