Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation Request Error

FIXED
twin1965
Fixes: 1

Cancellation Request Error

I received an email today stating that my cancellation will take place on 3rd February 2021 which is today. I did not cancel the service and this is the first message I've received with regards to this! Support closes at 8pm so I haven't spoken to anyone. Has anyone received a message like this out of the blue? And will I have internet tomorrow! Anyone from Plusnet on the forum that can shed some light on what's happening.
5 REPLIES 5
Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

Re: Cancellation Request Error

Best bet is to call 0800 432 0200 first thing tomorrow. I suspect though it’ll sadly be too late Sad as your account may be closed by then and you’d have to set up a new account to get back up and running. 

twin1965

That's my worry. Will call them tomorrow.
Thrall
Seasoned Pro

Out of interest how did this go?

twin1965

Fix
An astute adviser found the problem quickly and fixed the issue. The problem was down to an old username/account. This account was still active due to a billing issue and the details for this account were being used by the router and BT Sport. This old account was running at the same time as my current account! Luckily I wasn't billed twice.The message I received was for the cancellation of the old account. When this stopped this morning, it cancelled BT Sport and the router had the wrong credentials! Entering the correct details got the internet back. The adviser had to add BT Sport again. I can't imagine this being a common issue but it was quite a mess!
Thrall
Seasoned Pro

Ah that does sound like a mess!

Good to see it was easily sorted Thumbs_Up