cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation Confusion and annoyance

Bennett

Cancellation Confusion and annoyance

I would like to start by saying that I was impressed with PlusNet’s support and in general I was happy with the service I was receiving. However, as I am moving to a new rented property I needed to get the internet sorted before the teaching term begins in September (Teachers can't survive without the internet...)
Unfortunately, the earliest PlusNet could sort the line out was the 27th of September due to the backlog at BT. This meant I was forced into going with Virgin Cable who also offered a deal that was much cheaper than PlusNet (with a 30mb uncapped connection).
So I phoned up today to tell PlusNet that I needed to cancel my line and I expected to pay £25 to do so. I was shocked when they said the fee would be £90 to cover the router and set-up costs. My 12th month of billing is at the end of this month and what I don't understand is why I have to pay these charges if I have paid for the 12 month contract. Even if I am not using the line from the 1st of September, why do I have to pay these fees? Surely I have met the requirements by paying for 12 months even if I am not using the line (isn't that a good thing?)
I am really disappointed now as it seems lately every company is trying to bleed me dry with hidden fees which make no sense. I did recommend PlusNet to my family as they were looking to move services but this last episode has tarnished my opinion of the company.
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Cancellation Confusion and annoyance

If you don't get a satisfactory response just wait until the end of the month to cancel
Bennett

Just to clarify I pay for my 12th month on the 21st of this month which would mean the final date would be the 21st of September
Bennett

I might call again today and speak to a manager, I am still not happy about how they 'resolved' my problem.
LukeAger
Grafter

HI Bennett, Following our time on the phone today I have popped a ticket on your account to confirm what we discussed.
I'm pleased we have reached a resolution with this. If you have any more questions feel free to contact us.  Smiley
Bennett

Thanks for taking the time to explain the situation to me. Glad an agreement could be reached that spares any animosity on my part.