Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation Charges

petecov44
Grafter

Cancellation Charges

someone with 17 months left of a contract on unlimited fibre £104
Someone who's got 12 months left out of 18 and has paid more per month but now pays the same amount for the same produc t£155?
A bit rubbish is that - it should be less?
Someone who joined via me want's to leave so i am asking.
Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
petecov44
Grafter

Re: Cancellation Charges

Ah I see no response,
That's fine I am sure I will get one when the DD stops being paid - let's find out.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

They signed up to a contract with specified cancellation charges so your post is really not relevant and if they cancel the direct debit the consequences for their credit rating will not be nice
petecov44
Grafter

They went bankrupt at 10am today and everything was included so I don't think they will really care - do you?
If PN are going to give one person more of a cancellation charge than their next door neighbour for the same product then the ASA and also the ISPA,watchdog and anyone else who is interested should know about it.
Also in regards to your comment. Stating £0.00 cessation charge at the time the contract was created and then upping it to £30 6 months later is in breach of the consumer laws. But I am sure you will disagree with that as well even though its the point you just made
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Cancellation fees should all be as Plusnet's terms and conditions but do note there are different terms and different fees for different products (and in some cases customer joining dates).
Are you including broadband and telephone cancellation charges in both examples?
Changing products can also change the fees payable to a more up-to-date set.
Pretty sure that Plusnet do not charge different fees to different customers in exactly the same circumstances (unless a mistake has been made).
Terms and conditions (for each product including 'legacy' ones (no longer sold)) are available online via Plusnet's website so you can check if the charges shown on an account are correct.
For current products: http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/index.html ; http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/price_guide.html (scroll down for cancellation charges)
If there are any mistakes then contact Plusnet by phone or ticket.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
petecov44
Grafter

I am simply going on the cancellation charges which show up under account details.
I took the information to one of the local trading standards officers in their area and they agree with me so I will leave it up to them to investigate. They did say a case number would be raised and e-mailed to me for future reference.
Watchdog next!
gofaster
Rising Star

Is this another instance of the problem reported in http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,133728.0.html and earlier in http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,130844.msg1146588.htm
Internal problem number 82656 has been "being investigated" for 3 months now.
petecov44
Grafter

Yes It is and thank for the link. I can now see that I am about £60 over what I should be charged.
I took Extra fibre and dropped after 6 months to just 40/20 fibre so I believe I should therefore be charged £6.20 a month?
That table is like everything else you do so blody confusing!
Anyway
13 months left. £80.60 - so where the frig £144.30 comes from I have no idea. I'd pay that just to get shot.
I've left my billing fail, when someone rings me I will have it out with them and get it sorted.