cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation Charge

annahendy81

Cancellation Charge

Hello,

Before I took sky up on their wonderful VIP offer for telephone and broadband i contacted plusnet to check that I was out of contract and what my charges would be for cancelling my service. I was told I only had 2 weeks left of my contract and that my cancellation charge would be just over £12. I have now had an email and a letter stating that I owe £140+ for cancellation fees!

I purposely checked this so that there were no nasty surprises even though I knew I was almost out of contract. I want to dispute this but online chat is never available and when I phone I'm told there is a 45 minute wait time.

Are chat conversations recorded for events such as this? I refuse to pay £140. The chap tried to get me stay with plusnet but agreed that the deal I had been offered was very good and they could get nowhere near it on price.

1 REPLY 1
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Cancellation Charge

Hi @annahendy81,

I'm sorry that you were told on the chat that the cancellation fee would be much lower than what you were advised by letter and email. I've had a look into this now for you. My response contains a lot of account specific information so I've added this as a ticket on your account which you can view here. I've also attached a copy of the chat to this ticket so that you have a copy of this moving forwards.

I hope that this helps. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there's anything else that you'd like to discuss.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team