cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelation fee - Contract length longer than expected

Incog1234

Cancelation fee - Contract length longer than expected

I'm moving hosue and I'm moving to a different provider. I was expecting a cancellation fee of roughly 8 months or so as I took my original 18 month contract at the beginning of 2021. At the begining of this year, 2022, I moved house and so I rang up the team and let them know that I'd like to keep my contract but move it to a new property.

I'm a bit hazy on that converstation but I seem to remember being told this wasn't possible but they could start me on a 12 month contract at the new address. I agreed to this and now I'm trying to cancel I'm being hit with a £280 charge instead of the expected £90 or so....

What can I do here? I was even more shocked to realise I could have just paid £67 to stay on my older contract and have had it ended in a couple months!

I've also gone back through my old emails and the new contract email is under an open question email instead of a heading that makes sense so I definately missed the 24 month a few months ago

Any help on the best course of action is appreciated. I don't feel like I should be paying 280 for early cancellation on a contract length I don't remember agreeing too. 

1 REPLY 1
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Cancelation fee - Contract length longer than expected

Hi Incog1234, 

Apologies for any confusion or concern caused here, I've just checked and can see we've agreed to apply the cancellation fee from your previous contract as we don't actually carry them over when customers move accounts with us and change products. This was documented on your account here if you want to double check: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=223650889 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team