cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel contract

Kazwazz
Hooked

Cancel contract

Received email telling me prices were going up so rang customer services as coming to end of contract in December was put on a new contract with unlimited fibre extra for around the same price . Spent the next few days constantly on the phone to tech department as can't get the speeds .Decided to cancel contract as only had it 3 days so rang and cancelled great . NO have spent hours trying to get it cancelled each time told it will be done have spent hours on hold and yet my contact according to me inline account is the new one !!!
I'm leaving Plusnet on Monday 28th as the quality has been terrible for over 2 years why can't they do this simple task I'm not paying termination charges for the cancelled contract and am sick of incompetence and lack of service any suggestions ?
16 REPLIES 16
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Cancel contract

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from General Chat to My Account/ Billing 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Kazwazz
Hooked

Thanks for moving but want it sorting
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@Kazwazz,

@Kazwazz wrote:
Thanks for moving but want it sorting

The mods move posts created in the wrong queues just to ensure you get a response by a staff member, but also to ensure any other customers with similar issues can also see any resolutions. 

With regards the issues you're having we haven't cancelled your account because you're moving your services to another provider. If we cancel it down your orders with your new provider will also get cancelled (because our services will be ceased). There's a ticket to log that you called to advise of cancellation within your 14 day term. 

Once your transfer to your new provider completes on the 28th the account will close down.

Kazwazz
Hooked

Hi I wanted the new contract cancelling and reverting back to my old contract not cancelling everything
gibbzy

Interesting, I really enjoy the service so why do Plusnet put good customers through the pain of having to renew a contract when it runs out in order to get the costs back to what they were originally. Mine has just been upped from 30ish to 40ish so here we go again wasting both my time and theirs getting it down again.

Plusnet why can't you acknowledge existing customers, assuming because you make more money of either people forgetting to change or the period of having to change makes you money. Wise up and put the customer first.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

The reason is quite simple really. As long as existing customers who do not 'wise up' exceed those that do plus new customers then more money is made. If more existing customers either spent time negotiating a decent deal or moving on no doubt things would change. 

It's an industry wide thing the same as insurance etc.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Kazwazz
Hooked

For some reason with Plusnet I can't get WiFi in more than 2 rooms of my house but instead of finding out why they offered me
Unlimited WiFi plus at £2 less than the existing contract that runs out in December I then spent 2 days on the phone to tech dept testing the phone line and speeds but was no good so all I want to do is cancel the new contract and go back to the old plus I'm leaving on 28th as has much better coverage with BT Why is it so hard I've rang them dozens of times !
Baldrick1

@Kazwazz 

It's a great pity that you did not come here with your problem earlier. When you move to BT then the broadband connection to your house will be exactly the same, the only difference will be that you will change the router to a BT Smarthub 6.

The ironic thing is that many of us use this BT Smarthub on our Plusnet account because, as you say, it has better wireless performance.

If by any chance you still have one and want to try it before you leave the setting instructions are in the second post on the Router board.

Moderator and Customer

Kazwazz
Hooked

I'd have thought the tech guys would have known this
Kazwazz
Hooked

Support tickets

Does anyone action these tickets still waiting for contract to be cancelled and returned to old contract
Cancelled after 3 days still waiting for account to be updated see tickets !
Baldrick1

@Kazwazz 

Known what precisely? That their competitor's router is better than theirs? Their job is to help customers get the best out of the product that they supply.

Moderator and Customer

gibbzy

Plusnet is owned by BT but continues to be operated by a separate business hence the tech guys probably not advising you.

Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note(s):

Threads merged to keep support in one place.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Kazwazz
Hooked

Then supply a better router not get customers to take out extra contracts they know won't make any difference !