Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel and renew?

FIXED
steveyg
Hooked

Cancel and renew?

I recently got the email regarding the price rise stating I could cancel :

"If you’re not happy with any of the changes and do decide to leave as a result, you won’t have to pay an early termination charge"

Is it possible to cancel the existing contract and take out the one offered to new customers which is considerably lower than what Im paying for fibre etc.?

If not I'll probably just cancel and switch provider which is hassle but will save a fair amount.

6 REPLIES 6
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Cancel and renew?

Fix

@steveyg 

You could try ringing the Customer Options Team (I think that is the "thinking of leaving" option on the menu when you call Plusnet) to see if you can negotiate a better deal. You might not get the new customer deals with cashback etc., but something closer to them than you are presently on. I got a similar email from Plusnet but mine also include an invitation to recontract at a very advantageous rate.

From tomorrow, 15 February, there are new rules coming in about how ISPs must deal with end of contract customers etc., and I am not clear if this will mean that existing customers will be offered deals more closely matching those available to new ones.

If you do decide to leave and will be contacting another ISP to take out a contract with them, be sure to ring the number in that Plusnet email to tell them you intend to leave because of the price rise so that any early temination charges are waived, BUT do not cancel your service with Plusnet as the gaining ISP should take care of that.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@steveyg 

Plusnet cannot take over a line they already manage. If you cancel, then rejoin Plusnet then this will count as a new connection, which might involve a charge. In the meantime you will have a break in service and will more than probably lose your phone number.

If you are on fibre and the cabinet is full with a waiting list then you will also probably lose access to a fibre service.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

steveyg
Hooked

I should have paid more attention to the email, there was a link to recontract at a much better price as you mentioned.  I've taken that option.  

Thanks for your response.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @steveyg, I'm glad that you have decided to go with the offer in the email sent to you.

Upon checking your account I did notice a discrepancy; I have now taken the steps to resolve this for you and provided more information on the account here.

Please do get back to us if you have any further queries.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
steveyg
Hooked

Lauren

Thanks for resolving that discrepancy, much appreciated. 

Im unable to take it up the new contract offer yet as I made a change to my call plan today and I think thats 'frozen' my account for a few days.  I get this message now:

"You've already got a change coming up. Wait until this has been completed before coming back and trying again."

So once I'm allowed, I will renew.

Thanks for the great customer service.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

No worries @steveyg, I'm sorry it's not letting you take up the offer, it should allow you to do so after your next billing date when your call plan amendment has completed. If you do have any issues however, please do let us know.

I have added a credit to the account to cover the difference on the next invoice for you (to cover the difference in what you would have paid had the offer gone through today) please just let us know if you have any further queries.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team