cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you buy unlimited usage at all or cancel contract within first few days?

mcowling

Can you buy unlimited usage at all or cancel contract within first few days?

Help needed please,
On Friday night our plusnet broadband was activated. We're currently on the highest 60gb usage package.
A change in circumstances at home has meant there will be 2 more people than I thought when ordering the contract using the internet, and I am now very worried the 60gb will not be enough and I could end up paying out for overusage.
As I am only 1 day into the contract, I was wondering if there was a 7-day happiness guarantee or anything that could apply so I could cancel contract and move to a provider that simply offers unlimited usage (and what fees would apply), or if an unlimited deal can be negotiated with plusnet?
Any help is hugely appreciated. Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Can you buy unlimited usage at all or cancel contract within first few days?

Did you allow for the fact that midnight to 8am usage is free? Some Plusnet users download hundreds of GB by scheduling their downloads.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
mcowling

Re: Can you buy unlimited usage at all or cancel contract within first few days?

Yes I know that, but as everyone in the house works they're mostly in bed in those hours, and the bigger issue is streaming of online video, because our tv package is poor and so we use a lot of online video. 6gb have been used in 2 days use and I think only maybe 4 hours of video has been watched max alongside a few hours of spotify. Does that sound like a right amount?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi mcowling,
I'm afraid once your broadband is active you are subject to any cancellation charges. We do not currently offer an unlimited package but with the extra package 2gb per day is normally adequate and looking at your usage your fist 2 days were at the weekend so in 4 days you have used 8gb which is about on course for 60gb. I'd be interested to see how it averages out for the whole week as I think that would give us a fairer estimate rather than just basing it on the first two days.
Jojo Smiley