Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't view my Bills

FIXED
StevePhx
Dabbler

Can't view my Bills

Hi

For a week+ now I have not been able to access the Billing section of the Plusnet site - from other posts I have found it appears to be a longer-standing problem than one week.

As an IT literate person I have cleared histories and cookies and caches and tried from various machines using different platforms.  Same problem each time.

I have found several threads relating to exactly this problem on the forums (most containing posts from other people experiencing the same thing) and all marked as 'Fixed'!!  Yes, the bill/invoice was sent to the original poster so his/her issue has been resolved, but the underlying problem has NOT been 'Fixed'.  I want to see the bill history of my company, not a specific invoice i.e. I need access to the billing part of the Plusnet site.

The message I see is the one attached.  I have seen this same message posted and quoted in other threads going back some time, so the problem continues.

Please - acknowledge the problem and tell me what is being done to really 'Fix' it and when I will be able to access my bills again.

Thanks

Steve

Tags (2)
17 REPLIES 17
Mook
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

Re: Can't view my Bills

Welcome to the forums @StevePhx. I'm having the same problem as yourself and mine certainly isn't fixed. I too have done the same as yourself but to no avail. But oddly this used to work for me when it didn't for others. So what it's root cause is I don't know.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @StevePhx, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear you're unable to access the billing tab on your member center currently. I can assure you this is a known issue our side and we have a team currently working hard to resolve this issue but don't have a time frame on when that will be I'm afraid. I've been advised that trying another browser (in particularly firefox if you have it available) can sometimes remedy the problem seen on the previous browser and I'd advise giving this a go if you haven't already. Let us know how it goes.

StevePhx
Dabbler

Hi Ben

I have tried Chrome, Firefox and IE on Windows 10, Windows 7 and Linux Mint, Safari and Firefox on iPad, and Chrome and Chrome Beta on Android.

All the same.

Thanks

Steve

TonyWhitley

Same for me, I can add to that list Firefox on my phone having turned off WiFi to eliminate my router as a source of the problem.

I also get this idiot message on the page that used to work just fine 🙄

Itemised bills have moved

Only bills up to the period 09/05/2020 to 08/06/2020 are shown on this page. Please go to Bills and Payments  to see newer bills.

It then show the line rental and Call Plan costs but no calls or cost of calls.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Thanks for getting back to me @StevePhx and I'm sorry to hear you're also seeing the issue too @TonyWhitely. As mentioned, I can confirm we are looking into resolving this issue you're both experiencing however in the meantime if there's anything we can help you with on the billing front then please do let us know and we'll support you how best we can.

Mook
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

I'm sorry to say this but every time I read the above I can't help but think you don't actually know what is wrong with the Billing system, because if you did then you would at least have a solution to it and maybe even a timescale for its implementation, even if that were a best guess estimate.

This has been ongoing for a considerable time now and as mention I too have become a 'victim' of this. Originally I was one of the users who this didn't affect but now it simply doesn't work for me.

As a Software Engineer I know it's not easy bug hunting on such a complex system but the longevity of this is quite horrific and speaks volumes about Plusnet as a company.

I also see that my own post on this has gone silent, I assume down to not knowing what to do next.

StevePhx
Dabbler

When I initially looked, I found a few similar posts on this subject - as I said previously, all marked as 'Fixed', not because the underlying problem was resolved but because a specific bill had been emailed to the initial poster solving their one issue of needing that one bill.

I have just completed some further searches using different keywords and have found many more posts back to ‎01-09-2018!!!!  It appears that this may have stemmed from a change of invoicing/accounts system - with all these issues, very likely SAP.

The thing is, as a business I do have to view and download ALL my bills from time-to-time for my own accounts system, and it has worked for me in the past.  The fact that there is a thread started on 01-09-2018 which extends over 10s of pages does not instil me with much confidence that this will be fixed any time soon, or that much resource is being expended in trying to.

In view of the long-standing nature of the problem, the absence of any details on what actions are being taken, and how this will be escalated etc., I think this is one that could be referred to the Ombudsman.  Whether they would be that interested I don't know and, in any case, they would probably want a complainant to exhaust all of the Plusnet complaints procedures first, no matter how futile that is.

In my experience, the best and simplest option is to waste no more time and find another provider.  I am lucky in that I am at end of contract and will follow that route - there are better deals out there anyway.

I appreciate the quick responses from the Plusnet staff and their attempts to be helpful.  It's not their fault that they can't give an absolute answer as they don't have one - it's more of a systemic problem than that.  

TonyWhitley

Well it's now working for me and I am once again able to download my call records.  Nothing changed on my computer that I'm aware of and neither was there any contact from Plusnet that might be the answer why it wasn't working but now is.  Good luck to the rest of you, I hope it magically sorts itself out for you too.

StevePhx
Dabbler

Sadly, still not working for me, but I'm pleased that someone can now access their bills!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @StevePhx 

Can you try opening your bills in private browsing mode, or incognito if you're using Chrome?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
StevePhx
Dabbler

Hi.  I tried private browsing mode/incognito in both Chrome and Firefox - same result as before.

As a matter of interest, I also tried whilst using Nord VPN servers, both in the UK and US, just in case it was an IP address related problem - again, the same result.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @StevePhx 

It's certainly an odd issue as I'm able to open up your bills fine and it's the same system. 

As a workaround we could try closing your account down and opening a new one. Drop me a PM if you'd like to go ahead and I'll arrange for a colleague from our business customer options team to call you back to arrange this.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
StevePhx
Dabbler

I have to agree - it just doesn't make any sense!

I'm in the process of looking for a better deal and upgrading to FTTP, so it's not worth going through the hassle of closing this account and opening a new one.  I won't be making a move until we are physically back in our premises (maybe next month) so, in the meantime, I'd be grateful if you could send me copies of all invoices to date since April. 

I'll request the same for the following months until I start a new contract.

Thanks

BTW - as far as I am concerned, sending me the invoices does not mean this problem is 'resolved'.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Thanks for getting back to me @StevePhx 

I'll need to download the bills individually and upload them to a support ticket.

I'll email you once I'm done within the next half an hour. 

Fixes on our community forums aren't a metric used for anything as far as I'm aware apart from giving someone more internet points on their profile. If I could properly fix this I would gladly because I do like seeing my fix counter go up. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet