Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't upgrade to fibre

Wuz
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Can't upgrade to fibre

A few weeks ago I decided in view of the special offer price £3.99 to upgrade to unlimited fibre broadband and calls. I got this message-
    "You can't change your products for the moment, there is a problem with your next billing date. Please try again later.
    If you find you can't change your products again, let us know using the Help Assistant."
After a few days I used help assistant and submitted 93193646. The reply told me to ring. When I did I was told you would get back to me in 24 hours.
24 hours later I looked and 93235273 said
"Task 426382 raised monitoring.
This Question is now on hold until Friday 24th October at 7:00am."
I wasn't sure what this meant, but have waited and it now says "Question [ 93235273 ] is now off hold. Our Support Team will provide a further update soon"
I am now concerned to see the special offer finishes in just over 4 days time.
This compares very badly with my next door neighbour who rang his ISP on Tuesday and is having fibre installed next Thursday!
Has anyone experienced this problem and how long did it take to solve it?
Regards,
Wuz
15 REPLIES 15
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Can't upgrade to fibre

Hi there Wuz,
Hmmmm. It seems like there's some sort of invoice error on your account that is stopping you from changing packages whatsoever.
Our dev team are working to get this resolved, I'm hoping it'll be sooner than later. This is very account specific so I doubt you'll come across many with a similar experience.
In the meantime, I'll ensure that you get the special offer discount regardless of the date that we place an order to provision your line.
I'll keep an eye on your account, but let me know via PM if there's any problems.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Wuz
Rising Star

Hi Matty,
Unfortunately I see my ticket has now been put on hold for another week, to 3/11/14. There is no indication what is being done or whether it is likely to be successful!
Surely there must be some way of manually overriding the system?
Regards,
Wuz
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Good evening Wuz,
This shouldn't be happening, it's a pretty silly glitch.
A part of me thinks that I should just place the order in BTW's system for you. But we may not be able to update your connection profile speed from the package that you're on.
I'll ask some of my superiors tomorrow to see how we can go about overriding this for you.
Matty
Wuz
Rising Star

Evening Matty,
Thanks for that. If the profileremains stuck and  can't be changed for a few days I could live with that.
See what you can do.
Thanks,
Wuz
Wuz
Rising Star

Matty,
What did they say yesterday? Is there any light at the end of the tunnel?
Regards,
Wuz
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Wuz,
Sorry for not responding to your PM today.
I'm coming up again a lot of resistance, so I'm in the process of trying to get Dev to fix your account. This may take a while, sorry for the inconvenience.
Matty
Wuz
Rising Star

Hi Matty,
I've been trying to think what could be unique to me to cause this problem. I then thought that no change of product since my Metronet days has been done smoothly.
Then I remembered that the last time I changed product from one with ( I think) a 2GB allowance to one with 10GB there was all sorts of problems and it was done manually by James. It kept reverting back and in the end he awarded me an unique allowance of 15GB as compensation. This also reverted back once or twice but then he finally got it to stick and I have been on this ever since.
Could the fact that I am not on any product that was ever generally offered be the cause of the current problem?
Wuz
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I should have something further on this today for you.
Matty
Wuz
Rising Star

Hi Matty,
Thanks for that. I was getting afraid that I would end up on Monday with another "hold message"!
Wuz
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Wuz,
Can you please PM me your availability? Preferably with about 10 days lead time.
Matty
Wuz
Rising Star

Afternoon,
No router today and Account Summary showing date of commencement as1/1/1970 and order status as pending.
If Openreach arrive as planned tomorrow morning and install the extension wiring and data point I will not have any method to connect. My intention is to ring this time tomorrow, or is it worth leaving it to Thursday to ring or I might be able to use a neighbour's computer to access this site?
Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow lunchtime, and I  will then just have to close ticket 93235273!
Regards,
Wuz
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've just had a chat with Matty about this order and the appointment is all set for tomorrow. Unfortunately an oversight has meant the router hasn't been dispatched yet, so I'm going to order that now for you. This means that it's unlikely the router will reach you tomorrow, so I'm really sorry about that.
As a temporary measure you could connect directly to the modem following the instructions here: http://community.plus.net/library/broadband/fibre-help-how-to-set-up-a-pppoe-dialler-in-vistawindows...
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Wuz
Rising Star

Chris,
I had warned the other half on Sunday that there might be a break of a day or two. Also bribed my son to do his internet based homework due on Thursday and  Friday on Sunday instead of "just in time"!
So hopefully I won't need to connect directly, but have printed out the guide just in case.
Thanks,
Wuz
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Do you already have a PlusNet TG582n router ? the hardware is the same as the Fibre version , it's just the firmware that's different. Download the latest firmware and flashing utility from here http://products.plus-payh.co.uk/firmware/ in advance and then you can reflash it. If fact the latest 10.2.5.2.FO has an ADSL setup option so will work with both.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.