cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't submit joining MAC code online....

XVF
Dabbler

Can't submit joining MAC code online....

Sorry, might not be the best place to post this, but I can't find anywhere better.
Trying to complete my Plusnet signup, by clicking on the link in joining email to enter MAC code from BT, and I'm asked to sign in.
I sign in.
I am presented with the web page attached. It asks me to sign in again. As you can see from the top of the screen, I'm already signed in.
I sign in again.
I'm presented with the same screen.
Am I doing something incredibly stupid?
If this is a sign of the quality I can expect from Plusnet, I'm not very impressed.  Angry  Wondering whether to go ahead now.
Any advice?
9 REPLIES 9
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: Can't submit joining MAC code online....

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We actually raised a problem on this for our developers to investigate last week.
To help you now, could you please login to the portal and visit this link. This is a ticket that's been raised on your account. If you could reply to this with your MAC, we can continue forward manually for you.
Thanks.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
XVF
Dabbler

OK, done.
Thanks for your prompt response.
XVF
Dabbler

How do I get an update on my migration?
The above ticket seems to be closed, as I can't post on it. I've received my router today, but I've not been contacted regarding an engineer vist/migration date?!?!
Confused!
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

The order was placed manually so the updates on the tracker are lacking (the ticket shouldn't have been closed).
The order is due to go live on the 6th March all being well.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
XVF
Dabbler

Thank you. When/how will I find out when the engineer visit will be?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@XVF
Although we have to book an engineer appointment it's unlikely one is actually needed as from the look of things you're migrating in from a fibre service already.
Do you have an Openreach modem currently?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
XVF
Dabbler

Yes, but it's not currently in use, as I have a BT Home Hub 5 (combined fibre modem & router) and intend to carry on using that on Plusnet.
I'm more than happy to configure all that myself, if an engineer visit isn't required (that would suit me just fine). I'm currently on BT Infinity, and I replaced the Openreach modem and original Home Hub 3 myself.
I already have a second Home Hub 5 pre-configured to run on Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The homehub 5 should work fine, you'll just need to enter your Plusnet connection details in there. I've just checked with one of my colleagues and no engineer will visit as you're migrating from a previous fibre service.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
XVF
Dabbler

OK, excellent. Thanks for your help guys.
Sorry for the delay in answering, BT cut my fibre service off two days ago. Nice!