cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't proceed with order - No MAC number

NickeePowell

Can't proceed with order - No MAC number

We recently placed an order for plusnet broadband and phone and was told that we'd need to provide a MAC number for the order to be processed, however upon contacting our old company we were told they would be unable to provide a MAC number since our service had already been disconnected, when I spoke to the customer service live chat I was told that an alternative method would be needed to activate our order since our line had already been stopped, but they wouldn't be able to do it and we'd need to phone, the problem is we can't phone now since we don't have a phone line to phone from, and are unsure what to do now, we've only been disconnected since yesterday if that is of any use, thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Can't proceed with order - No MAC number

Hi NickeePowell,
The fact that your broadband service has been disconnected and the phone service hasn't been just means we needed to follow a different process.
I've just done that now by placing an order for a new broadband provision.
The order should complete within 5-7 working days.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
NickeePowell

Thanks for the fairly quick and simple response, much appreciated!
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Something doesn't stack up here:
Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
The fact that your broadband service has been disconnected and the phone service hasn't

is directly at odds with
Quote from: NickeePowell
the problem is we can't phone now since we don't have a phone line to phone from
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The phone line was still active when we checked, hence being able to place the broadband order. From what I can tell everything is going ahead correctly again.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.