Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open,veiw or print My Bills

FIXED
alcorn63
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Can't open,veiw or print My Bills

Hi I am unable to veiw print or open any off my Bills . Every time I try it downloads a file called $STANDARD. I have a pdf veiwer and Firefox but both say not able to open? There is no .Pdf at the end of the file download. Is there a workaround? I can open every other bill from other companies via.pdf ? Is it possible for accounts to forward my .pdf bills via email ?
8 REPLIES 8
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Can't open,veiw or print My Bills

Duplicate topic removed.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

@alcorn63 

The $STANDARD file is actually the PDF bill but by default gets saved without a file extension. Saving with a recognisable file name (to help identification) and adding a .pdf file extension will enable Windows to recognise the file type and use your PDF viewer to open, display and print it..

David
alcorn63
Rising Star

Hi David reply very much appreciated. Can I ask how do I save it or rename as a . PDF I get no options on any of my andriod devices when trying to open , view the bills section. The only options you are able to view is bill date,. The rest is done automatically, i.e automatically downloaded when you click on the option provided. Also in Andriod downloads or Andriod Firefox viewer I am unable to rename as the file is not recognised by any app ? Are you saying that the bills can only be downloaded and viewed in a windows environment ,as it will I presume give you the option to rename once download is completed. Alan
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Fix
Use a laptop; simply right click on file, and add ".pdf" to the END of file name. That's how it's
done in Windows anyhow.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

@alcorn63  have you tried with Chrome. Using that on my Android tablet it download the bill as standard.pdf and automatically opens it in pdf viewer.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @alcorn63 I've just picked this up on the back of the reminder I've set to check back regarding your fibre upgrade and I'm sorry to see you're having issues viewing your bill.

I've just attached a PDF copy of your bill to your support ticket Here so if the steps above don't help you'll be able to view it that way. Your fibre service should be live by tonight. Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
alcorn63
Rising Star

Yes,did this on my wife's laptop and it worked thank you 😁👍
alcorn63
Rising Star

Hi also just found a way of doing it on Andriod. Download bill. (**Don't try to open it.**)
1 Go to your file manager .
2 scroll down to downloads
3 Find downloaded file
4 Click on it
5 on options ,select *other* then *rename*
6 Rename Plusnet Bill.PDF .
7 Save.
Close file the manager and the monthly bill will now open in any PDF viewer.