Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open 'My Account- Broadband and Phone' using Internet Explorer

Sjc1
Dabbler

Re: Can't open 'My Account- Broadband and Phone' using Internet Explorer

Hi @RandallFlagg ,

I thought that I should let you know that I can log into my accounts quite easily when using talk talk network,so this proves beyond doubt that there is definitely something not right with the Plusnet network and there's nothing wrong with my devices!

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Sjc1

Just out of interest (please don't disclose your password) does your current password contain any special characters such as $%£ etc?

Thanks

Dave

Sjc1
Dabbler

Hi @RandallFlagg 

@no it doesn't 

regards,

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@Sjc1,

Thanks for the info. Can you please do me a favour and update this ticket confirming that we're okay to reset your credentials. I understand you've already done this on a previous reply but this does not adhere to security requirements to allow us to do this. 

I know certain devices will prevent this as it's the very nature of your issue, so if you do not have a working device please either give us a call, or private message one of the online staff members and we can give you a call to allow us to get the networks department to look into this further. 

Sjc1
Dabbler

After a month of not being able to access my phone and broadband account online, I'm am FINALLY able to do so! After being told that it must be something that I had being doing wrong or it must be due to my iPad and mobile phone not being compatible ,and the worse one was "had I tried turning my devices off and on again! " I am very pleased to see that I can now view my account without having to log into Talk Talk,which funnily enough didn't seem to cause any problems - strange that! So if anyone out there isn't able to view their phone and broadband account, there doesn't seem to be a problem with the mobile one, don't give up or blame yourself or your equipment as it will eventually mysteriously start working again.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

Thanks for getting back to us @Sjc1,

I've added a reply to your comment on our Facebook wall.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet