cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open 'My Account- Broadband and Phone' using Internet Explorer

philipdp

Can't open 'My Account- Broadband and Phone' using Internet Explorer

Tried to log into my account this morning using Internet Explorer 11 and I get a page with header and footers but no log-in fields.  I had a look at the Mobile login page and that does open correctly in ie11.  I have never had this issue before (and I probably last looked at my account about a month ago when my last bill became available)

Untitled 1.jpg

The agent with whom I had an online chat told me (a) that Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge were the same thing and (b) to use a different browser.  All-in-all pretty useless.

I have cleared my internet cache, closed all browser windows and even tried restarting my computer.  I also tried enabling pop-ups.

Has anyone else had problems logging into the Broadband Member Centre with ie11? 

Thanks

Philip

35 REPLIES 35
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Can't open 'My Account- Broadband and Phone' using Internet Explorer

This problem has been raised in several other threads and is being worked on as a bug.  More news soon.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

georgeszym

Hi philipdp

Yes and the problem is identical to yours - no login for 'broadband account' but get the login dialogue box when selecting 'mobile'. This has only happened recently (perhaps in last week). I spoke to tech support as I needed to progress an open ticket query and the guy said to use another browser. I used Chrome and that works OK. He also said to check the next day (what may be different ??), but still the same. I'll leave for few days then report back to tech support.

GeorgeS

georgeszym

Hi All in this Subject.

The Login Dialogue Box problem seems to have has been resolved for me today (Wednesday)

Hope others are finding this also applies to them

Regards

GeorgeS 

Sjc1
Dabbler

I am also getting the same screen when I try to get into my phone and broadband account but I am using safari and edge. This has been ongoing for about 10 days and I have tried everything including getting a new router,as my previous one was over 6 years old and the tech guy wondered if that as what was causing the problem. I can view it on my Windows 10 phone but only if I use its mobile data. Having read the various comments here though I am relieved to see that other people are having the same problem and that it's not just me! 

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @Sjc1,

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with logging into your account online and I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Please could you try an alternative browser such as Chrome and let us know how you get on.

Thanks.

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Having had the same screen as post#1 when using Edge, I actually found a workaround that worked for me.

Once you get to that screen, which seems to occur when you try and get to the member centre via a browser search result, I then click on the My Account (in the white banner), select Broadband, Phone and TV whereby I could then view the full content of the page.

(I have no idea why the browser result page locks me out - but it might be due to using Bing as my default search engine)

Sjc1
Dabbler

Hi Mads,

unfortunately I can't install google Chrome on my iPad as it's an older model, is there any other browsers that I can use that might work?

thanks

Sjc1
Dabbler

Hi Mads,

i have a new development now in that when I click on phone and broadband I now get a message come up saying "We're just  getting everything ready for you" with loading underneath but as yet nothing more has happened. But at least it is slight progress.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Sjc1,

I am sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. As the site is working properly with other devices, this would suggest the issue is more likely to be with the iPad than anything else. I can't see that it's been confirmed in this thread, but have you tried turning the iPad off for 30 seconds and then turning it back on again?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Sjc1
Dabbler

@TheMightyAJ wrote:

Hi @Sjc1,

I am sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. As the site is working properly with other devices, this would suggest the issue is more likely to be with the iPad than anything else. I can't see that it's been confirmed in this thread, but have you tried turning the iPad off for 30 seconds and then turning it back on again?

Isn't that the standard IT answer for everything and yes it can work but not in this case! If you read the comment from MauriceC he says that this problem is in several other threads and it is being worked on as a bug. Also if it to do with my iPad how come that I couldn't get it to work on my Windows phone using wifi either,and also now I am getting this message that it's being worked on which is still showing? I still live in hope that it will suddenly start working again

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @Sjc1,

Thanks for getting in touch and I am sorry the suggestions raised has not resolved the issue. We have to treat all cases individually as although the same symptoms may be seen, it can have a different cause.

It could very well be linked or could be something else entirely. Please can you reboot the device and try again. As you mention previously that you have tried a windows phone and had the same issue, is this still the case now?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Sjc1
Dabbler

Previous screen  when trying to open phone and broadbandPrevious screen when trying to open phone and broadbandScreen that I get now when trying to open the accountScreen that I get now when trying to open the account

@SammyM wrote:

Hello @Sjc1,

Thanks for getting in touch and I am sorry the suggestions raised has not resolved the issue. We have to treat all cases individually as although the same symptoms may be seen, it can have a different cause.

It could very well be linked or could be something else entirely. Please can you reboot the device and try again. As you mention previously that you have tried a windows phone and had the same issue, is this still the case now?

Hi @SammyM  I have rebooted the device and I am still getting the screen as in screen shot no.2,also I can now get my account up on my phone using wifi now - which again is progress. However I can't view my bills etc as I need to install Adobe and the link doesn't work. 

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Quote fixed.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @Sjc1,

Glad to hear its progressing, at this stage it appears to be apart of the issues we are fixing.

So you can use at least of the devices you have to view your account I would suggest downloading an alternative version of Adobe reader (generic PDF apps) - you should be able to do this via the app store (IOS) or play store (Android).

Please give us a nudge if there is anything else we assist you with.

Thanks.

Sjc1
Dabbler

Hi Mads,

at least you've finally admitted that there is an issue and it's not just my iPad /router,however unfortunately I have a windows phone so I'm unable to download Adobe so so I'm still unable to view bills etc. I really hope that this issue is sorted out very quickly as I'm still getting the same message as I sent you in the screen shot.