cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't login to my ic24/madasafish account

mkapluscom

Can't login to my ic24/madasafish account

I got a free email account with ic24 over 20 yrs ago. It gave me an email address, username/account name, password, and a secret question and answer. It has all worked well since then, and I use webmail and also outlook express.  This account was migrated to Madasafish, and subsequently to Plusnet. I have a "client iD" number, and a "service ID" number, and the service name was given as "madasafish-payg".

I want to login to my account to check/change details but I have no record of an "account" password. The only password I have works for webmail login and authorisation in outlook.

The madasafish "reset password" facility appears to work, accepting my username and email address, and tells me an email has been sent, but I receive nothing.

The Plusnet helpline can't do anything because apparently I can't pass the security check. They have raised a couple of tickets which of course I can't view as I can't login. The helpline staff seem to struggle with what they call "legacy" accounts. Can anyone suggest  how I go forward?

6 REPLIES 6
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Can't login to my ic24/madasafish account

Thanks for your post @mkapluscom and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry for the issues you've had getting into your account. The account password for an IC24/Madasafish account should be the same as your mailbox password. Can you try logging in from Here using your full email address and that password? 

If that doesn't work, try resetting the password again from Here - I've made a change which may help.

Failing that, I've raised this to a colleague for further advice and I'll post back or message you as soon as I know more.

Let me know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mkapluscom

Thank you very much for your speedy reply and email.

The two login links you sent both fail, as before. The first one fails "invalid username or password", and the password reset procedure seems to work, but I never receive an email.

I am wondering if you can view my tickets.  215441711 and 215478002. The two emails from support informing me of these are rather strange.  I suspect they are largely auto-generated, and they address me as "      ," (ie, spaces then comma) and give my account name as "mka" which seems a strange format  for an account name.  When the helpline answer my calls they ask for a postcode, and this seems to cause a problem. I suspect that my account is improperly set-up. Incidentally I think the last emails I ever had from Plusnet were sent in early 2016 when Madasafish Broadband & Home Phone were closed, and I am trying to see if I can resurrect them.

I wonder if my Client ID and Service ID point to my account details in some way.

Twenty years ago, we paid for this "free" email service when we used dial-up modems at a slightly premium call rate. But these days, we rely on Plusnet's generosity, so I can't moan too strongly!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @mkapluscom 

No problem at all, I can see your account and the tickets we've raised from your IC24 email address. For Madasafish accounts,  a username would be the first part of the email address before the @ symbol. 

If your name isn't showing at the top of the emails we're sending you, and we can't find your account from your postcode, then we likely wouldn't have a name or address documented, so we'd basically struggle to pass our data protection process. 

I've emailed our data protection officer for advice on how we go forward to resolve this. 

If you can find the historic emails we've sent you, that may help as we can only see tickets going back 2 years. I'm trying to see if we can dig them out though (I've raised a task to our NetOps team)

Twenty years ago, we paid for this "free" email service when we used dial-up modems at a slightly premium call rate. But these days, we rely on Plusnet's generosity, so I can't moan too strongly!

It's our decision to provide the service for free nowadays, so we can't complain much either! Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mkapluscom

I am sorry but I can't find any relevant historic emails - could only get back to 2010'ish.

I will have to leave this in your hands, thank you.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @mkapluscom 

No problem, can you drop me a private message with a contact number and when you'd be free for me to call you? 

I'm not available for a call today, but I'll be happy to call tomorrow or Wednesday 8am to 4:30pm if that works.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for your time on the phone @mkapluscom it was good to speak with you.

I'm glad to have helped resolve this for you and you're now able to log in to your account.

I've dropped you an email with more detail following our conversation under the ticket ref 215509789.

Feel free to let me know by replying to that ticket from Here, posting/messaging me on our Community Forums, or call me back on my direct number, if there are further issues or anything else you'd need help with.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet