cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't login to my account

eskimobob

Can't login to my account

Hey,

I've just joined Plusnet and whenever I try and log in to my account, I just get a blank screen (screenshot attached). From there, I can't do anything but try and login again. It's an endless cycle. I've tried logging in from different place (direct from Google, via the community site) to no avail. Anyone had this happen before or got any advice?

Cheers. 

17 REPLIES 17
colin_thames
Dabbler

Re: Can't login to my account

Me too.  I've tried with two different browsers and still going in circles.  Seems like an error with the Plusnet website?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

@eskimobob  @colin_thames 

Which OS and browsers, please? Also, do you have any 'blocking' software installed, if so, what?

I have no problem, using the current Firefox (82.0.1, 64-bit), on either Windows 7 or Linux (Zorin 15.3).

John
eskimobob

Tried on Safari, Brave and Firefox on iOS and MacOS. And no blocking stuff.
jab1
Legend

Interesting, @eskimobob - I get the same 'error' on my iPad FF browser. Wonder if it is Apple-related, as it doesn't cause issues on Windows or Linux for me.

BTW, I tried both the iPad and Desktop sites, with this result, on the iPad.

John
eskimobob

Good thought but it doesn’t work on my Windows desktop either.
jab1
Legend

Strange, because it works OK on my two laptops, with different OS's - and I have Ublock Origin installed on both of those, with no issues.

John
eskimobob

Which makes me think it’s an issue with my account rather than how I’m accessing it. Not that that makes sense - no error messages, just a blank screen.
jab1
Legend

Could be an account issue - when did you join? Although the fact that I get the same situation on the iPad kind of clouds it a little?Huh

John
colin_thames
Dabbler

I’m trying to login via Chrome and Firefox on Windows 10. I’ve had an account with Plusnet for 10+ years. Looks like the login glitch is a bit random.
eskimobob

But it didn’t work on my Windows machine or @Colin_thames’s, which negates the whole Apple device argument somewhat. My broadband switched to Plusnet on the 22nd, so 8 days ago.
colin_thames
Dabbler

Just resolved my login problems. I’d been using the wrong password from my password keeper. As the page hashes out the password I hadn’t spotted it. Just logged in from my iPhone. The first time I got the blank screen issue. The second time with the right password it worked fine.
It seems that the website doesn’t give any error message if you use the wrong password.
Check you’re using the right username and password. Or maybe try doing a password reset and see if that works.
Good luck.
jab1
Legend

@eskimobob wrote:
But it didn’t work on my Windows machine or @Colin_thames’s, which negates the whole Apple device argument somewhat. My broadband switched to Plusnet on the 22nd, so 8 days ago.

See @colin_thames  reply above for his remedy/explanation, which may be a different error to yours, but it is interesting that I get the error on my iPad - and I have just checked that my saved password is correct.

Glad you sorted t, Colin.

John
eskimobob

@colin_thames - glad you got yours sorted. I reset my password and still having the same issue sadly.
colin_thames
Dabbler

That’s weird. Other than this being a mistyped username (it’s in your joining email and is case sensitive) I’m stumped. Sorry.
Try calling Plusnet. Not sure if they’re answering at the moment but they’re normally very helpful.