cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't log into My Account

mcmp59
Dabbler

Can't log into My Account

I am unable to log into My Account for Broadband and Phone. Tried on 2 different web browsers and also via my mobile phone. It keeps telling me that it is an Invalid Username or password. It is the one I have had since joining Plusnet 2 years ago and works for my email logging on. I phoned yesterday and after some tests the operative told me that others were also experiencing this. I can find no other problems on this issue and nothing on the Service Status. Is it just me or are others getting the same issue?

This is as well as the fact that my Internet connection is currently down as much as it is up. Told yesterday that it was down to the SNR and that they would reset it. Still appalling today and almost unuseable.

28 REPLIES 28
Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Re: Can't log into My Account

Hi @mcmp59

We are not aware of any issues with customers logging in to the member centre. I tried to login to my account and I have managed to do so. I would advise you to reset the account password by clicking here and see if that makes a difference.

I am sorry to hear you're having broadband connection issues, I've had a check of the connection and there definitely seems to be something out of place somewhere as we can see the connection dropping from this side as shown on the image below, although our tests aren't picking up exactly what's causing the issue so we will have to do some troubleshooting to start ruling things out.

I'd recommend starting with basic checks here

And if that doesn't help the next thing would be to rule your internal wiring out by plugging the connection into your test socket which is under the faceplate of your master socket and seeing if the drops stop. This rules out internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause. How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here

If the problem still persists from here we will go down the route of raising a fault, click here to raise the fault and let us know once it is done please so we can progress the fault for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
mcmp59
Dabbler

I tried resetting my password yesterday and still got the same error message. I have tried SIX times this afternoon and keep getting the same problem. It recognizes the new password each time on my email account though!!

Astronut
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

@Beyhive wrote:

We are not aware of any issues with customers logging in to the member centre. I tried to login to my account and I have managed to do so. I would advise you to reset the account password by clicking here and see if that makes a difference.

That's odd, I spoke to one of your colleagues by phone yesterday after running into the same problem. He told me it was related to website maintenance.

As of today, the login problem is still there.

I'd like to get into my account as I have an ongoing support case and I've not received any emails!

Jon

mcmp59
Dabbler

Thank you Astronut because I was starting to get very p***ed off with this thinking it was only me. I also cannot get to see any updates either re my ongoing on/off connection issue.

mcmp59
Dabbler

I had opened question 190148553 on my account yesterday. I was advised that an SNR reset had been submitted and as advised I waited over 4 hours and turned the router off for 5 minutes and then turned it back on.

I have the router into the Master Socket and still getting dropouts.

I have Net Uptime Monitor on my PC and this is the current log of failures

Net Uptime Monitor Failure Log (NetUptimeMonitor.com)
UNLICENSED TRIAL VERSION

=======================================
15/05/2019 15:26:43 Log Start
---------------------------------------
Failure Start Length
15/05/2019 15:27:13 0:04:33
15/05/2019 15:32:15 0:00:44
15/05/2019 15:36:36 0:00:58
15/05/2019 15:38:04 0:03:38
15/05/2019 15:41:55 0:02:11
15/05/2019 15:44:39 0:06:31
15/05/2019 15:51:44 0:05:18

mcmp59
Dabbler

Oh and by the way I cannot Raise a Fault via the link provided by you because it needs me to log onto my account, which I cannot do - back to my original post. I have placed an order in the last few days to upgrade to Fibre as my contract expires but at the moment I am seriously thinking of cancelling within my 14 day cooling off period as my frustration grows.

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thank you for getting back in touch @mcmp59

I am sorry for the way you feel and I appreciate your frustration.

I have refreshed the login component on your account to see if that makes a difference. Please try it again in 15 minutes and see if that makes a difference. If you still cannot login to your member centre, please PM the username you are trying to login with.

In terms of the broadband connection issue, you've said that you are still getting drop outs while the router is plugged in to the master socket. The next step would be to plug it in to the test socket as instructed on my previous post. Please let us know if you have already done that so we can progress the fault for you.

Hi @Astronut

Can you please PM your username as I am struggling to find your account and see who advised you of this as we are not currently aware of an issues regarding logging in to the member centre.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
mcmp59
Dabbler

Sorry it is plugged into the test socket

mcmp59
Dabbler

Still a no for logging in.

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thank you for the private message @mcmp59

I am wondering if you have left it long enough from the moment you changed the password until the time you tried to login again because in many occasions it takes a couple of hours for our system to match up the new password you chose with your account. I would advise to give it time and try and login again.

Would you also be able to please try and login to your member centre using your mobile data instead of using the Plusnet broadband connection?

Let us know how it goes please.

Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
mcmp59
Dabbler

Forgive me if I sound a tad sarcastic as I have been at this for more than 24 hours.

I waited 15 minutes before attempting to log in, as you suggested, you now say it can take up to 2 hours. That timescale was well exceeded by me not trying to log in all night. Also, why does my email login recognise the new password immediately?

I have tried logging in via my mobile data with the same result.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @mcmp59,

It can often take time for password resets to update over different parts of the network, however as you have been trying for 24 hours I believe the best step would be to raise this with the relevant team to investigate further. To do this I will need your permission and would need to give you a call, would it be OK for me to call you 20:00, where we can discuss both this and your connection.

Please get back to me here.

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
mcmp59
Dabbler

Hi

I give you permission to raise this with the relevant team to investigate further and yes it would be ok to call me at 2000.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Thanks for your time on the phone @mcmp59, I re4ally appreciated it. I have carried out both the tasks advised and my colleague will monitor your account for your SMS tomorrow in my absence.

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team