cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't log in

ukguy1
Aspiring Pro

Re: Can't log in

Broadband is connecting fine and the router must have picked up the password ok.
I’ll leave this until next week then follow up as I’m busy. It doesn’t affect me too much at the moment and I’m thinking of leaving anyway
Cheers
mcmp59
Dabbler

Hi ukguy1

I had this problem since beginning of last week. Would change password and could then log into Webmail but not My Account. Plusnet tried replicating it but couldn't. On Friday they reset my password to one of my choosing (not very secure) and it worked all weekend, I then tried Monday morning changing it and was back to the same problem. Somehow after over 2 hours My Account seemed to accept the new password and it has been working since. I don't consider it as fixed and I am loathe to try changing my password again in case it goes back to me not being able to log in. 

It was not just me that had this problem as I posted on the forum and a couple of others replied with same issues.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

No worries @ukguy1

Just give us a shout if/when you want to pick this back up and we'll be happy to help.

Best wishes

Dave

ukguy1
Aspiring Pro

For goodness sake just report the issue to the network engineer and stop wasting my time.
You have my permission to solve your internal problem?...
Goodness me

You want me to verify dpa but you call from a no id number, lol
ukguy1
Aspiring Pro

@mcmp59
Thank you! That confirms the issue is plusnets end 👍
Good to know I’m not the only one
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @ukguy1

My apologies - I was responding to the post you left an hour ago, which I've copied below:

" Re: Can't log in Broadband is connecting fine and the router must have picked up the password ok.
I’ll leave this until next week then follow up as I’m busy. It doesn’t affect me too much at the moment and I’m thinking of leaving anyway
Cheers "

Have I missed something in the interim?

Best wishes

Dave

ukguy1
Aspiring Pro

Plusnet stop wasting time here
Just report the bloody issue to the techies or devs. They’ll be able to do more than talk about it
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @ukguy1

With the greatest of respect, my colleagues have already advised that we cannot raise this without speaking to you over the phone first - I can see that telephone contact has been attempted and that my colleague has explained why our number shows as withheld when we contact you. On the back of that post you advised that you would leave this until next week as per the message I've highlighted in my last response. At that stage, I've picked up your contact and confirmed we're happy to progress this at your convenience, on the basis that you said you were happy to wait until next week.

Just to reiterate the advice you've been given - we're more than happy to raise this for you and we want to get this resolved, however, due to the security implications of changing your account password, we need to gain your authority to do this. As I am sure you can appreciate, we're unable to accept forum posts as a go-ahead to change your account password. We'd normally fall back to our ticket system for this (because this requires you to login with your account details to respond) but we're unable to on this occasion due to the issues you've described with accessing the Member Centre.

Please let us know if you would like someone to call you to run through DPA and then raise this task on your behalf. We're happy to get this moving but we're unable to do so without speaking to you first. To confirm, we're happy to do this today, or at any other time at your convenience.

Kind regards,

Dave

ukguy1
Aspiring Pro

Call me on Monday around midday.

As the instigator or the call from a withheld number, please note I will be asking you to verify your identity as PN first before I give away any of my personal data. 

Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry to hear this.

We can unwithhold our telephone number when calling out if it helps.

I'm working 1:30 to 10 next week, what time is best for you?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ukguy1
Aspiring Pro

Well I resolved the issue myself.

In my experience as a web dev, I remembered I have come across times when special characters caused coding/login problems (albeit mostly when people use the £ symbol)

The same has happened here. I reset my password to one without an $ or & on the end.

It then reset ok and let me in.

Note that on your password reset page you state all the symbols, including those above can be used.

As I said before, it's a dev issue your side. Now I've made it easier for you to solveThumbs_Up

ukguy1
Aspiring Pro

@mcmp59 sounds like your password which worked had no special characters.

If you want to make it more secure without them, you can do the same as me and reset with more numbers + upper/lowercase until fixed.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for posting what resolved the issue for you.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ukguy1
Aspiring Pro

You're welcome.

Make sure it's flagged up though, before someone does a talktalk on you!

No special characters lessens security unless you have ip lock out on your login page after so many tries.

In your hands 😉 Quick, pass the ball to the devs or yours will be mince.

mcmp59
Dabbler

ukguy1 you are right I did have one of those characters in and had done for nearly 3 years until it suddenly stopped. I currently don't.