cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't log in

ukguy1
Aspiring Pro

Can't log in

Is anyone else having issues logging into the plusnet members area?

I've has the same password for years so I know it's right and I"m connected using it too.

Reset it 3 times and no luck. PN if you're reading this please sort.

29 REPLIES 29
idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

Re: Can't log in

No problem here........ Maybe try a password reset. Been that route myself a few months back.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
ukguy1
Aspiring Pro

Thanks, "Reset it 3 times and no luck."

ukguy1
Aspiring Pro

and to answer your question I came in via the portal login page, where you click "my account" / "broadband" in the nav. Is there another way?

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @ukguy1,

Please accept my apologies for the issue in logging into your account.

I have made a change to your account, could you ensure the username and password are not been auto-filled and clear the cookies and cache on the web browser. Alternatively, please try logging in on a different device. If you use a password manager, update the password with your latest one from the password reset.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
ukguy1
Aspiring Pro

Hi there,

Even if autofilled by icloud, I would check what was filled.

It's definitely my username as has been for 15 years.

The password is definitely entered as the reset password (and the original was entered as per the previous many years)

Icloud definitely stores the correct password and I've manually entered it, not just copy/paste

Doesn't work on my iphone either.

I doubt it's my device after so many years?

Also I know it's obvious and you have to say it but if I reset the password, I'm going to enter the new one. Roll_eyes

Thanks

ukguy1
Aspiring Pro

ps our mobile account is fine, just an issue with the broadband login

ukguy1
Aspiring Pro

tried resetting again and got the confirmation

Still doesn't work

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Even if autofilled by icloud, I would check what was filled.

While I appreciate you might do this, it's always worth us asking as you may be surprised how many people query similar things only to find it's the simple answer that has been over looked (Not necessarily specific to login issues)

Thanks for confirming you've also tried other devices and entering the username/password manually as opposed to clicking through auto-fill settings.

I've tried to call you to discuss going through a password reset from our side and to see if I'd be able to replicate the issue from our side following this, however I was unfortunately unable to get through.

Is there any time tomorrow when you'd be free for a call to go over this?

Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
ukguy1
Aspiring Pro

Noone has tried to call from Plusnet, unless you use a withheld or no ID number. Of course, we just ignore these.

I'm very busy at the moment, so don't really have alot of time.

It's simply just an issue of not being able to log in after many years of using the same details, nothing more than that, nothing we need to have a conversation about.

I reset the password, got the confirmation, but it doesn't work, which is probably the same reason why the original stopped working.

The issue is your end. Fix it please.

I deal with similar issues all the time through my work.

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @ukguy1

Our number will be withheld when we contact you, as it will be one of our support team attempting to get in touch with yourself.

Should you answer the call, we will inform you who we are and the reason for contact, once you are happy and free to discuss the matter we will validate the call by going through DPA.

Can you please confirm if you have attempted to clear the cookies and caches on your device?

In addition to this, I can see you are using iCloud and an iPhone device in order to login. I believe you may be using Safari as your web browser?

Have you attempted to access your members portal by using an alternative web browser?

Hopefully, this may resolve the issue. We are happy to get in touch with yourself to discuss the password reset if you can provide us with a couple of dates/times you are free for a callback.

Kind regards.

ukguy1
Aspiring Pro

Hi there already answered some questions but will confirm again

Yes cleared plusnet cookies
Yes cleared cache (by the way this has nothing to do with passwords in web dev)
Yes tried in safari and chrome
Yes tried on Mac and iPhone etc
Yes tried from 4g too
Have also entered manually so it’s not iCloud

Let’s beat in mind I’m a web dev and server admin of multiple servers myself and have been logging in successfully for 15 years.
This is 100% an account issue. Nothing I do this end will resolve this even if we talk for 3 hrs.

Cheers
Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @ukguy1

Thank you for confirming that information.

The next action for us to take is to raise this to our Network operations. However, we will need your authorisation to go ahead with this. As you are unable to access the webisode and respond to support tickets we would require this over the phone. Can you please confirm the best time to give you a call today.

Kind Regards

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@Dumbledore wrote:

Hello @ukguy1

Should you answer the call, we will inform you who we are and the reason for contact, once you are happy and free to discuss the matter we will validate the call by going through DPA.

Unless things have changed recently there is no mechanism in place for the end user to verify that it IS Plusnet calling.  The DPA validation is one sided in that it only addresses Plusnet  validating that they are talking to the authorised user. Oft discussed in other forum threads.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.