cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't log in

Andylondon

Can't log in

Hello,

I am trying to log in, however, despite confirming my username and resting my password I cannot log it. It just continually loads.

The 7 days a week online chat - if offline and

The call with time is over 10minutes

Can you please advise.

Andy

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can't log in

@Andylondon - Welcome to the forum, but I hate to ask the obvious but what is "it", where / what are trying to login to?

Andylondon

Sorry for not being clear,

I am trying to log into my plusnet account.

I have tried to access from two different ways - one via an email link to sign up to BT sport, the second directly on the website
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Andylondon - Others will no doubt tell you that the username you use is the same one you used to configure your broadband settings in your router. If this was done automagically for you i.e. you just plugged your router in, then have a quick look at the manual provided with it and log into it, the router's username and password are on the case.

This will then tell you the correct username the site is expecting, as for the password well only you know that. Hope this helps, as it’s all I can suggest, other may have different ideas.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi there @Andylondon,

A warm welcome to Plusnet and the forums.

You can find your username at the top of any of the Plusnet emails we have sent you. Your password will be the one you signed up with, if you're unaware of it or its not working it may be worth resetting the password via this link https://www.plus.net/forgotpassword/ .

If you've tried both of these methods to check your login details and still aren't able to get in, I'd advise trying a different device/browser and seeing if that helps.

Once in you can add BT Sports here: https://www.plus.net/tv/btsport/

Although if it's over YouView please do let us know.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

cheesedoff

I have several problems these have been ongoing for weeks, one of them is i can logon the plus net account but there is nothing in any of the files ,but if i login the same account via basic mail (i.e. squirrel mail)i can read all the files.also i have another email address which i have not been able to access since Aug. despite several attempts by plus net  tech tam & several tickets been raised.I am now having probs. with emails not arriving to senders or they sometimes end up in there spam.also time between sending some emails take up to 4hrs to reach some contacts?the team? are supposed to be sorting it out this week!

i have spent many times on phone to support  team who have tried all thy can to sort, but are drawing up blanks so far

I am running mac on os x 10.9.5 mavericks with safari.any ideas anyone 

cheesedoff.

ps  this is my 1st attempt at forum

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @cheesedoff and welcome to the forums. I've checked the open ticket on your account here prior to writing my response.

Could you please provide further information on your post in respect of the following:

1). What do you mean by 'squirrel mail'? Are you referring to the mail program on your Mac? If so, which one?

2). When you say that "the files are empty", do you mean the email mail folders on webmail? Is this consistent across all web browsers?

3). Where emails are not reaching senders/being delayed/hitting spam filters, what is the suffix for the target of these email addresses (the part after the @ symbol)

4). My colleague sent a password reset email for your Waitrose account - did this work?

Best wishes

Dave

cheesedoff

Hi Dave,Thanks your reply                             

1.re.squirrelmail this is a plus net term ,this is the header   ' https://webmail.plus.net/squirrelmail/src/webmail.php

2.when i login https://webmail.plus.net/?_task=mail  for' loco man12a' it opens with the normal file on lh side but nothin in the inbox in red with (1) show in red,all the other lh files with contents fails to open as well.but if load via squirrelmail i can read them!

3.Re non delivery of emails.these are most recent  'line one.net' 'talk21.com' 'btinternet.com'  ' amber.org.uk'  also some emails sent take  up 4hrs to deliver.

4.Re the 'dougjones@waitrose.com 'mail, i have had this one for years & it was transfered over to' john lewis' & now to 'plus net'.

i have my address list in it plus other mail i wish to see,this email has been inaccessible since Aug despite several attempts by plus net  staff to sort it out,i am using apple mac Safari on OS Mavericks 10.9.5 i do not want another prog like opera it would take up more space on my smallish hd.

My recent phone calls to you support team did manage to get access to the 'John lewis 'webmail 'member account' pages but i cannot open it today .

I had emails from the team to change the pw but emails did not contain the link?thats when  contacted phone support they tried with their own new 'pw' with some success i could log to 'John lewis 'webmail 'member account' pages but i cannot open it today but no success with webmail

I tend to start looking at my mail in iCloud mailbox.

So this is the story so far lots of plus net people have tried to sort it & failed sadly i hope now you will get your best brains on the disaster!?

cheesedoff

ps i have no refund for the loss off access to my accounts.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note.
Moved to MyAccount from Broadband
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Andy.

1.re.squirrelmail this is a plus net term ,this is the header   ' https://webmail.plus.net/squirrelmail/src/webmail.php

Thanks for the clarification, I've given my colleague a heads up. Smiley

2.when i login https://webmail.plus.net/?_task=mail  for' loco man12a' it opens with the normal file on lh side but nothin in the inbox in red with (1) show in red,all the other lh files with contents fails to open as well.but if load via squirrelmail i can read them!

3.Re non delivery of emails.these are most recent  'line one.net' 'talk21.com' 'btinternet.com'  ' amber.org.uk'  also some emails sent take  up 4hrs to deliver.

I've raised a task with our infrastructure engineers to look into this. Ref: 

4.Re the 'dougjones@waitrose.com 'mail, i have had this one for years & it was transfered over to' john lewis' & now to 'plus net'.

Unfortunately we can't assist with John Lewis/Waitrose accounts via the Plusnet Community Forums. 

Your Waitrose email address would still be handled by a John Lewis account.

I'd recommend contacting them from Here.

i have my address list in it plus other mail i wish to see,this email has been inaccessible since Aug despite several attempts by plus net  staff to sort it out,i am using apple mac Safari on OS Mavericks 10.9.5 i do not want another prog like opera it would take up more space on my smallish hd.

Are you able to view your address list/book via webmail?

My recent phone calls to you support team did manage to get access to the 'John lewis 'webmail 'member account' pages but i cannot open it today .

I had emails from the team to change the pw but emails did not contain the link?thats when  contacted phone support they tried with their own new 'pw' with some success i could log to 'John lewis 'webmail 'member account' pages but i cannot open it today but no success with webmail

Again while I'm reluctant to send you away to another platform, unfortunately I'd have to ask you to use the contact details on the JLB website for further assistance here. 

Apologies for the inconvenience caused, we'll update you when we hear back from our engineers regarding your plusnet email service.

ps i have no refund for the loss off access to my accounts.

I'm afraid that as email is a value added service and is free of charge, we can't provide a refund for this however once this the issue is resolved we'll be happy to offer you a goodwill gesture for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
cheesedoff

Re -Are you able to view your address list/book via webmail? i cannot access my dougjones@waitrose.com it fails at login!, i don't know of any other way to access it!

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @cheesedoff,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems logging into your Waitrose email address. We're not able to support with Waitrose account issues via this forum, I'm afraid

Please see the page here for information on how to get in touch about this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team